Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Good to see you- prof,

I am in the process of working through a few pieces of gear. More to follow.

Happy Listening!
Good to see you- oblgny

Threshold amps still hold up well and provide plenty of current to drive most speakers.  You have experienced much evolution in your gear over the years. Simaudio is receiving quite a buzz over their integrated amps.
Good to learn that the Neo 340i was enough juice for Thiel speakers.

I enjoy your comments and banter here.  Happy Listening!
Post removed 
Gents;

I saw notes on amps & preamps that are a good efficacy with Thiel
( at the start I could not say that!!!)

After a good 3-4 months ; I can say that Conrad Johnson ET3 and Pass Labs XA30.5's make a superb combo. ( Kimber Hero IC)

I tube rolled from EH6922 ( standard) which is very detailed an a bit , edgy, forward ( aggressive tone) to a Amprex & finally a National/Mitsubishi 6922 cyro job,
very good bass, smooth & detailed highs and lots of space.

Anyway, The combo is rich tone, extremely spatial & smooth delicate highs

I always wondered if I should have gone with a older CJ 16 or 17? From the comments of others ( never listened to)
But, Not now, the newer version ET3 is the best of both worlds( I think), details overflow And wonderful tone, especially compared to the Audio Research preamps ( slightly bleached tone to me) that I am able to hear in a lot of places

Highly recommended & food for thought 

I am now dumbfounded at hearing differences in recording qualities of albums; some thin, some fat, some all highs , some all bass, some spectacular since preamp.
and...............shitty 80's albums are almost enjoyable and not burning my eardrums out

one of these days,   I'll hear a GAT

jeff