Thiel Model 2

Have any of you ever owned, or heard, the Thiel Model 2 speaker (not the CS2)? If so, how did you think they sounded, and how demanding were they of the amplifier used with them?

This was one of the earliest models Thiel produced, back around 1976, prior to his designing phase aligned speakers. It was a ported bookshelf speaker, roughly 19"H x 11"W x 9.5"D, with a 6.5" driver and a 1" cloth dome tweeter.

Later Thiels appear to have a reputation for being excellent speakers but being difficult to drive, because they have unusual impedance curves and make heavy demands on amplifiers. Does anybody know whether this was also true of the early Model 2s?
02pete
Hi Steve, my Thiel model 2 were also made in Canada. They were produced by Heinl Electronics in Markham, Ontario.  However I just learned that they are out of business. The company was dissolved in  1981. 
Thanks! for sharing- mickey52
if you are still listening to Thiel speakers, please join us on the Thiel Owners
thread.
Happy Listening!
Since the thread was bumped...

I've mentioned numerous times in the Thiel owner's thread:  I still own a pair of Thiel 02 and can't get rid of them.  They remain one of my favorite all time speakers.   They have such aliveness and palpability.  My Thiel 2.7s are really the first speaker I've owned that approach the 02s in that regard.
I completely understand- prof
for me, once I experienced a taste of Thiel there was no turning back.
Happy Listening!