Thiel CS 2.2 Speakers... What you all think?

So I'm putting together a system and there are some  Thiel CS 2.2 speakers in mint condition for $800 in my area. What do you all think of the speakers and the price? I really appreciate the feedback and any considerations I may have for them. I have an Outlaw 5 channel amp and a Marantz pre-amp. Currently running some Klipsch Heresy II speakers. 

Would these be a great upgrade? TY to the community for helping me.
sftitan
I had 3.6's....a fan of Thiel.  Too bad it went away.   Thiel is a transparant speaker...  If you have good components, it will reward, but will also reveal warts.
pastorbob
Welcome! Are you currently out of our hobby? If so, would love to see your return to Thiel Audio loudspeakers.  Happy Listening!
Hi Jfant & all,
Thanks for the welcome.
I have always been into mid /  higher end audio.
We've moved a few times in the past few years, So gradually have been downsizing.
 We're moving to N.C. next month, so I recently sold off my system consisting of Rogue Audio Sphinx amp, and Totem Rainmaker speakers. My source for the last few years has been high rez. computer audio files. At one time i owned around 3000 vinyl albums (VPI HW19 Mk. IV, Morch 7 arm, Benz Micro Grasshopper cartridge) and several hundred CD's. (Esoteric Audio transport and DA converter),
That's when I had the Thiel's and C.J. along with Convergent Audio Pre amp. I got out of the hobby for a few years and sold that stuff. 
I just recently got into headphones (Grado GS1000, Focal Utopia, Quad ERA 1, Linear Tube Audio Micro Zotl amp, Audo-GD DAC, Synergistic Research cables). 
So a thumbnail sketch of my audio history.
After we settle in N.C. I'll probably be looking for a speaker based system again. Thanks for the welcome.
" 25 years with the same speaker? That's remarkable. What are you even doing on a site like this? ;-) "

Good question! Had to laugh because I've had my Mirage M3si speakers for 23 years and I'm in no hurry to upgrade. I also have had my Krell gear (KRC 2, KSA 300S) for the same amount of time. I've been to two audio shows in the last two years (AXPONA, Tampa) and I've been pleasantly surprised that my system compares very well to much of the new gear I heard. Granted, I have upgraded my analogue and digital front ends several times but my core system stands the test of time.

As for the OP, when I bought my speakers I had narrowed it down to 2 models, the Mirages and the Thiel 2 2. IMO the Thiel is perfect for a mid size SF condo and buying a nice pair for $800 is a low risk purchase. They sound beautiful, they aren't too big, they have a nice sculpted appearance, and they are fairly forgiving of placement. If you hate them you can probably resell them for the same price. I agree with the advice to get good quality SS amplification because those speakers are quite inefficient (about the same as my Mirages).
I am not surprised that all of the Thiel lovers are here, as the title of the thread does not mention Klipsch Heresy. As the largest Klipsch Heritage junkie ( there are another 1 or 2 here ), on the 'Gon, I will say this. A few simple mods to the Heresy, with a warm ss amp, and / or of course, tubes, can, and will, get you a lot of real nice, fun, " lifelike " music reproduction, that for the price ( free in this case ), and size, should not be taken lightly. Almost 70 years of manufacture, and the Heresy continues to be popular, many going over seas. Parts are available, upgrades are available, and folks like me are available...…………..so, without getting into a debate as to which I prefer, I simply wish the op success and happiness with his audiophile endeavors, and will only comment, from here on in, if I am asked. Enjoy ! MrD.