Thiel/Crutchfield

I guess it's not news anymore that Crutchfield is selling Thiel online. What seems odd is the pricing: 2.4's going for $2500, and 3.7's for $5000, shipping included.

Can anyone confirm the accuracy of these prices? If they are accurate what are the implications?

AW
weinhen
Davidrow, If my memory serves me right, I did listenning to three different lines of the Thiel mated with CJ at a local dealer that I used to hang around on my day off. I was not really impressed that much as compare with the slanded 6/8 Apogees at a times. I ended up with ML Aerius I and then LS3. You know what, BB carries ML and VA so I see nothing wrong with Crutchfield carries Thiel. What's next with CC? JM labs or Sonus, perharps. In my home town, hi-end dealers went belly-up one after another. The golden days are over for 60% to100% retail mark-up due to vast internet informations. I know and I hang around quite a few local dealers in my younger age, I know what happens to those returned items.
The point I'm trying to make is that it is terribly unfair to take the time of your local dealer to audition their Thiels and then go home and order them from Crutchfield. Crutchfield is doing nothing for the sale, yet they get the commission. And the dealer who was kind enough to let you hang around and listen to their gear gets nothing. So this arrangement works - and should only be available - in those areas where there isn't a local dealer. One final note, what do you do when you blow a tweeter? Is Crutchfield carrying replacements like your local dealer would? Or would you go directly to Thiel for warrant work?
Daviderow, fair enough. I shouldn't cry like a bit** due to some minor issues with certain local dealers. Life is a two way street and it ain't perfect so there you have it. I promise I will be less demanding and no more expecting perfection from my local dealer(s).
i know some local dealers who are not exactly thrilled with thiel going to crutchfield.. but its business thiel is in it for the money, glory gets you a seat on the subway(maybe) money talks and bullsh** walks so my answer to them dealers are well stop selling the product and get a grip on reality its business not personal if i was a dealer thiel would be out of my emporium asap...
i figure there are dealers who are not exactly thrilled with thiel going to crutchfield.. but its business thiel is in it for the money, glory gets you a seat on the subway(maybe) money talks and bullsh** walks so my answer to them dealers are well stop selling the product and get a grip on reality its business not personal if i was a dealer thiel would be out of my emporium asap...