Thiel 2.3--bright or harsh ?

I have a pair of Thiel 2.3's running with a Krell integrated-KAV300i and a Rega Planet CD player. With a great CD the sound is wonderful----but put on a "questionable" recording and they sure sound bright or harsh. I heard about an upgraded driver for the 2.3's but did not arrive yet. Anyone have any experience with this.. Will the new drivers do the trick---and/or is there anything else I can do get rid of some of the brightness.
dubrowlo04f1

Showing 1 response by markel743b

If you haven't sold your Thiels by now, try changing your speaker cable first. I cannot tell you how important speaker cable matching is to your speaker. If you want to audition cables, I recommend the Cable Company. They will send you burned in cables to audition for very reasonable rates which can be applied against a future purchase. Dial 1-800-FAT-WYRE. Just for your info - a close friend had Theil 2.2s for many years and used Purist Audio Design cables to great advantage which yielded a smooth non-glare sound with terrific imaging. Of course, he also had Audio Research tubed preamp and a SS Audio Research amp.