The Wilt Chamberlain of Audio Gear

Forget about having the audio itch, upgraditis, or whatever you want to call it - anyone besides myself ever feel like the Wilt Chamberlain of Audio gear?  My brother always said that I change audio gear more than I change my underwear, but in the last 2 years, the addiction has gotten worse I think.  My name is Lou and I’m an audio whore, and I don’t mind it one bit :)

Anyone else care to share?
128x128lou_setriodes
hilde45 - it’s 2021, it’s a very confusing time; maybe we want to identify as sluts and whores? :)
** condosound - I’m just having fun with it, trying out different combos & enjoying the process, not that I need to try out different things. As I mentioned above, tube gear is my preference and when I have it, I’m generally a lot more satisfied not to make changes. But I’m always window shopping (on eBay, CL & USAM) to see what’s around. I really like rare stuff and for sure, part of the experience is aesthetic as well.

** cincinnatipete - I love the 4 corners stall and a team with lesser talent taking over the tempo of the game, like Petey Carill’s Princeton Tigers always did @ Jadwyn Gym. Yes, I’m a student of the game, even had a little bit of it back in the day as well. My big brother (RIP) played overseas professionally for 15 years as well, so kinda in the blood.

I’m in Philly and the heyday of the Big 5 at the Penn Palestra is still the Mecca of college basketball IMHO. There’s nothing like going to a game there and back then, it was amazing! They gave out 1000’s of cowbells and the place was loud as could be. Ref’s Time out after the first basket by each team as each team threw tons of streamers onto the court... they wrapped them up and reused them for the 1st basket in the 2nd half too. Several years ago, I went to the Palestra to see a game. No streamers! I asked my friend, a Penn alum, what happened to the streamers. Not allowed anymore
:(. The good ole days....

I’ll have to Google who was on the Tarheels back then who beat Wilt’s Kansas team.

Ok, back to audio talk...

** hilde45 - I never got big into the room, in terms of dampers and the expensive room treatments, such that, when you see pictures of it being overdone in a room, you say to yourself, oh that guy is definitely not married, nor is he getting laid with a room like that... however, the importance of the listening room cannot be overstated enough and is paramount to the experience.

** chorus - exactly !!!
** speakermaster - I’m feeling like a young Qui Chain Kane in the presence of your words, specifically your last sentence. If only, you’d call me Grasshopper :)

** tyray- YOU GO MF’er!!!!!! Clayton S40!!! Nothing like starting your audio journey right at the top! That’s terrific! Tells us what else you got goin’ on with the Clayton’s please. That’s like you’re starting off with Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield, Elizabeth Taylor. Way to go!!!

** bob540 - tell us your budget, your room size, what speakers you have, the type music you listen to mostly and how loud you listen and I can ale some good tube amp suggestions for you. I sold this stuff @ retail many years ago and this knowledge is how we crafted the right system to peoples needs and desires

** mrklas - Ha! Shoot, I’m not getting paid for my services either :)

** ozzy62 - over the past 37 years, I’ve had 48 different amp combinations, 43 different speakers, 30 different tuners, and 10 different turntables.

Comparatively:

Wilt Chamberlain:  20,000 women over 40 years = 14,600 days
20,000 / 14,600 = 1.37 woman per day for 40 years 

Ok, so I’m exaggerating just a wee bit.  My audio career is more like January & February of 1972 for Wilt.  Whose to say that after a game, he didn’t have a harem of a dozen women visit his hotel room, half of them just curious to see just how large he really was.  He was an incredible all around athlete, track star and professional volley ball player as well
@lou_setriodes LOL! Yes, you can call yourself whatever you like. But, as your therapist might say, it’s very "interesting" that you’ve decided to call yourself the submissive in a relationship where you’re clearly reveling in dominance. The "master-slave dialectic" has applications in audio, after all.
i like the idea myself  butt also the hit when you resell
it is a low blow.   ill use the word Demo next time   i learn for the honest audio salesmen  selling used audio