The Weekend

Well, just watched the half-time Super Bowl, and I am impressed and (should I say it?), surprised by The Weekend.  Perhaps it's my biases at play here, but I am shocked and happy about it.  Or as I was coached at my job, my "unconscious bias".  I loved it!
rpeluso
most people would say
 "" if i have to sit and listen to that again I'll cut my ears off"   
I thought the Weeknd was excellent. Good to see modern R&B chosen as genre along with a performer from this Century. Silky smooth voice. Creative in what he did with social distancing and covid. Like how he integrated his stance on superficial beauty of plastic surgery of having face bandages on his dancers which were functional face masks (brilliant). He has worn bloody face bandages on himself (like on SNL), but the choice of not wearing was smart as that would really freak out ’Merica. Sound quality is always problematic in a stadium like that. It was no Prince and not likely in the top ten superbowl shows, but it was decent modern R&B. Sorry most of you were dissappointed, maybe next year they can drudge up some lily white big name from the 70’s. The major beer sponsors should be back, maybe Bruce Springsteen again. Gratuitous cheap DWI shot, sorry Bruce Luv ya!