The Wall: Roger Waters 2010

Many of you know that Roger Waters is doing a 100 stop 30th anniversary tour of The Wall this year.

Anyone been to the show yet?
bjesien

Showing 13 responses by bjesien

I saw the Sunday night show in Boston. Waters gave 110% through the entire performance. His creativity and passion were without bounds. A must see whether you are a Pink Floyd fan or alternatively if you think something is not quite right with the world.

The only disappointments were the loudness in the high frequency range. I was one of the few in sight that was holding my ears. The low end was intense and welcomed but some of the highs (guitar) were extreme for the hall.

Also, there was too much trying to appeal to the masses through words on screens and suggestions. Could have done with a simpler performance.

Been to 16 Floyd/Waters shows and would recommend this to everyone. Very well done. Will go again. Awesome.
I'd say a prime seat is on the floor about 20 rows back. I've seen a few shows from here and would recommend highly.

I've also just shown up in Toronto or Phoenix, to get random seats, and had the best time ever. Seated off to right or left.

Even if you are way close up or upper tier on the right or left the show will go on. In short, whatever the venue, there is a certain common theme that is just beautiful.
Glad to hear more experiences. Philjolet, I remember seeing the Division Bell tour in Montreal sitting 18th row and Gilmore and band played Sorrow from Momentary Lapse of Reason. The bones inside my ears started vibrating and rattling around, and during the first few seconds in the beginning of that song, I thought I would not hear again.

I never put much though into the acoustics but I heard the most earth rattling and disturbing bass I'd ever imagined. I went to a couple of other shows on that tour and never had that rattling of ear drum bones again. Makes me wonder about impact explosions in the military.

There are still tickets out there folks. I'm not related to the band (wish I was) but scoop them up while you can.
Dreadhead, my good frind Mike saw the show in NJ on November 3'rd and loved it.

Yeah, I agree fully with Roger waters and the political message but don't like to have one liners streamed in text trying to say how I should feel about something. Those texts, IMHO dumb down the performance aspect, or perhaps, and I hope, make the message more clear for lesser Floyd fans in the arena.

It's kind of like seeing a plastic "Buy local produce" bumper sticker on the back of a car. No shit, I think.

I agree the theatrics were awesome.
Glad to have made it to this Epic event

Wise man speaking here! Get tickets and go!

Tvad said:

Did it ever cross anyone's mind that Roger might have been lip syncing during any of the songs...particularly those that required him to hit high notes?

Hard to tell, but I thought it too. With all the technology at the finger tips these days, I bet bands use EQ via the microphone. I don't think he was performing anything like your all time favorite band Milli Vanilli. ;)

If you had a great time spread the word. We are often busy and miss too many of the good things in life.

Happy holidays Peace to you and yours.

Looks like the European tour kicked off in Portugal. I saw some clips of the Lisbon show and it looked great. They're playing in Spain tonight. I have family in England and hope to make one of the shows over the summer.

Anyone else going?
Old like the rash under your n.ts! You can't compare this tour to watching "It's a Wonderful Life" every year.
Thanks for the insight. I guess I won't go.

Oh, hmm, wait, maybe you are a sheep that buys your fuel at the pump and shops at the supermarket and pays a corporation to heat your house.

What do you do for yourself? Baa...

Maybe we can start a tally to see who is more dependent on government and private services? THE SHEEP.

I'll start

Energy- I take care of myself. Solar and wind turbine...
House- Passive and active solar heat, super insulated.
Food- Raise animals and grow vegetables outdoors and in greenhouse.
Audio-System paid for.
Fuel- Make Biodiesel for car.
Concerts-Enjoy live concerts especially Pink Floyd/Roger Waters shows.

Keep on eating those Doritos. I'll end up paying for you in the end.