The value of embellishment?

Does adding a leather veneer to a $4K more than double  value?
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisachj2-vpi-industries-prime-in-leather-limited-edition-turntable...

Couldn't resist asking the question. The claimed sonic improvements:
"The effect of the leather skin and hardened stainless steel is a sonic upgrade over a stock Prime, in terms of detail, bass extension, air, and resolution." Interesting. I thought it was arm/cart for the most part.  I hear all those descriptors with my VPI. You get more.....uh, okay.

I have leather faced speakers-it  works for the aesthetic. On the VPI- subjective like everything, but on a turntable plinth?
The footers look corny. This stuff is subjective of course, but it sure looks...

Not bashing VPI-I use one, and enjoy it for what it is.   I'd love to own a HW40. No leather though, thanks.
tablejockey
@tomic601 She's got a silk dress and a unipivot
That bounces on his Italian leather turntable
That listening rom looks like an over-priced dorm room, with the leather of no more aesthetic appeal than a pleathor hat 'tossed carelessly' on the table.  Someone please explain for me the garden gnomes.   Maybe this is a high-end bass conditioner I have yet to encounter.
There are lots of expensive turntables out in the market place that are more about "bling" than great engineering. Some of them look like a high school machine shop class run amuck. Stacks of turned and polished aluminum bits and pieces joined together to look "cool" to a HS student with no engineering chops but to the well educated buyer looks like what it is. Add some gold plating for even more "bling" and put a monster price tag on it.

For simple, elegant and effective engineering, take a look at what Micro Seiki was building back in the early eighty's.

As far as VPI and that leather covered thing, yuk!
BillWojo