The sound of glasswear

There has been lots of talk here about the virtues of using tube preamps with solid state power amps . I'm faced with the opposite possibility , I love my solid mistake preamp way to much to part with her and am wondering if a tube power amp would be a good move . I'm not complaining about any aspect of the sound now , But an amp is in the near future and I don't want to close the door and my ears on any technology , see system link for details if you must . Will this work or has anyone tried this with a fairly large tube amp ?
tmsorosk

Showing 3 responses by rodman99999

I've been using a modded Tact RCS 2.2aaa and a pair of Cary tubed monoblocks, for a number of years now. A wonderful degree of realism. My tweaked BAT VK-D5 has to be adding to the equation, as well(as far as digital). Don't hesitate to experiment!
Three decades of experience with SS pres and tubes amps(in MY listening rooms). Never had a problem with a speaker, or considered a tubed amp a, "pain in the ass." Biasing the outputs is as complicated as it gets, and tube replacement just goes with the territory.
Hey Audiofeil- Quit beating around the bush, and just say what's on your mind! LOTF/LMAO
More to discover