The secret to a great amplifier...

Is a $150 Orange fuse from Synergistic Research. Seriously, extreme boost in sonic performance. Blacker background, larger soundstage... if I wanted to make some bucks, I’d put these is cheap OEM compnents and start letting the accolades and purchasers come calling.

Mind you, I have a high value-oriented $20k system, so it was nice before, but damn!
redwoodaudio
A very long time ago a friend of mine had a Pioneer car unit in a boat . The fuse that was called for always blew when volume was increased so when it blew one time all I had was a much larger fuse and we used that and all of a sudden the sound was greatly improved. I don't know if some of these Hot Rod fuses are better but in that case being able to pass more current did in fact improve the sound greatly so it sure wouldn't hurt to experiment
The fuse that was called for always blew when volume was increased

You never heard it at the level you wanted.
Music always sound better when you want to hear it at the volume level you want, sound quality had nothing to do with the fuse, you were just enjoying it more, because it was finally louder.

Cheers George
Yes they improve the system.  Keep in mind fuses are also used inline for speaker/amp connects (no power only).  For those who are more budget minded the litlefuse 285 slow blow and 218 fast-blow are great options under $10 each. 
After doing some research I found Littlefuse sells AUDIO/MEDICAL quality fuses Series 285
they are all slo-blow, buy come in various sizes including 5x20

The 218 series ceramic are fast-blow fuses, but not the audio grade.  Still an improvement over glass fuses.

Did a/b and there were an improvement in my amp, and preamp. I personally prefer a known engineered part with industry / manufacturing standards then taking a chance with any audiophile fuses that do not have any standards.

I am not saying all audiophile fuses have no standards. So use caution.

https://m.littelfuse.com/~/media/electronics/datasheets/fuses/littelfuse_fuse_285_datasheet.pdf.pdf

I was wondering if anyone has bought hundreds of dollars worth of these magical orange fuses, noticed no performance improvements  and blew their own fuse?

Tim