The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
Others make it personal all the time. So I take a look at what they sell or what they own. It becomes always very easy to prove which mistakes they all made. They were always the first ones who attacked me. So they asked for it. This is my world, and the best and most convincing sound will always be chosen. So start to do your research yourself and improve your own skills. But stop crying all the time and yes react on the thread.

The positive part regarding cables is that the best become even more influential than most loudspeaker, amps and sources are. Spend some time to read about sound and music. You will understand audio a lot better. And it will make the importance of cables more clear and more effective.
Post removed 
The audio-blindness make all people forget the essential part of audio. And that is music. When you just take a look at how most audio products sound and what they can reveal, most are just a joke. This has nothing to do with a personal taste or even philosophy. Most people have difficulties to face the truth.

They protect the brands and stuff they bought. I understand that, but it will always limit them in the end result. The facts prove that people get not the quality they paid for. Just start conversations with many people who spend serious money on audio for a long time.

It is even ridiculous to point at me, audio is all about facts. And not about assumptions and audio systems created without a foundation. Here you will find the pain of most people. We talk a lot with people their experiences in audio often for a very long period of time. We see a lot of similarities. Many are not satisfied or happy. You easily can see it back in the music they buy. I am often amazed at how much money they spend on audio and how less they spend on music.

Trail&error created a mindset in the heads of most people. And for most, it is difficult to let it go. When you will not change your mind, your incomplete system will always stay incomplete. When we show people how much more details and aspects their music owns, they understand directly why they miss the connection with their system. When you see smiles on people their faces, you are aware that this is what people want and need.

--When you see smiles on people their faces, you are aware that this is what people want and need.
+150% ! :)
I have to say there's nothing more confidence inspiring than lack of brevity.