The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
Post removed 
Post removed 
@teo_audio, +1. Absolute truth acknowledgement is essentially groupthink. Groupthink is evil.
I owned and sold a lot of Furutech power connections. At that time they came out they were better than the brands we used and sold. But when Oyaide came out we did a comparison again. And based on Tru-Fi (all aspects of sound) the end results were better with the Oyaide connectors. So we started to sell Oyaide and changed all our Furutech power connectors by Oyaide power connectors.

These days we still sell Furutech wall sockets sometimes. The advantage of the Furutech can be found in the middle freq. compared to the Oyaide. But regarding all different aspects of sound, the Oyaide perform better. We always make time to listen to new products and even new brands. When we think they are better than those we use and sell. We are always prepared to change. It is always our first goal to give our clients the best end result.