The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
Post removed 
Ah yes, the Truth!  Who’s truth would that be then?  The sound in the recording space?  The producers feed at the mixing counsel?  The fully mixed version on analog tape or the one digitally encoded on a hard drive?  The master transfer to vinyl or CD ?  Do we sum the truths over the number of possibilities and use an audio constant to correct for variability in the recording/mastering chain?  Do tell us great sage, oh bringer of Truth!
Each recording owns details and different aspects of sound. This is why you need to understand first all these different parts. This has nothing to do with personal preferences, they are just facts.

This is why I said: you first need to understand sound and music before you could be able to understand audio at all. Like you need to understand the influences of the acoustic, electro-smog, magnetism and high-frequent noise on the sound and stage.

Most people have no idea how much these different aspects influence the end result of your system. Due to the fact that they just have no idea. It is insane not to adapt anything to these limitations. The things you never tested you will never understand what their influences are.

When you think and believe your loudspeakers, cables, conditioner, amp, and a source will solve it all, you are a dreamer. Ask people what they can tell about sound in general and how voices and instruments are being formed in space and how they sound. Most cannot even answer these questions.

Trial&error proves that it gives you no insight into the aspects of sound and the influences on sound and stage. I did ask it to many manufacturers and they all agreed. When you cannot relate anything in audio it becomes just one big gamble. This has 100% nothing to do with a personal opinion. Most loudspeakers only can create an almost flat stage even with most recordings. When you think that this is caused by the recording you just don’t understand.

I spend thousands of hours in comparing loudspeakers, sources, amps, pre-amps, cables, conditioner and a lot more. You get insight and knowledge by doing research and tests over and over again. Insight and knowledge you cannot buy. You need to find things out to create insight and understanding about differences.

The audio industry wanted us to believe that by trial&error you can create your own personal audio system. But that is just not true. The sound, stage, and facts prove that these systems cannot reveal all the aspects of sound and stage. When you demo an audio system that is able to reveal all the different aspects of sound people directly describe it as more intense and emotional. This proves that when you can reveal all aspects of sound the level in emotion increases.
bo1972
... they are just facts ... Most people have no idea how much these different aspects influence the end result of your system ... they just have no F.idea ... you will never understand ...  you are a dreamer ... Most cannot even answer these questions ... it gives you no F. insight into the aspects of sound and the influences on sound and stage ...  it becomes just one big F. gamble ... you just don’t F. understand.
 What's your point here, Bo? Does it have anything at all to do with this thread??
Post removed