The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
Post removed 
Post removed 
@taras22 
I'm sure you and Ken are justifiably proud of your cables.

The problem I have is the hyperbole.

Most metals' conductivity decreases when liquid. If there are any voids in the 'fill', conductivity drops like a stone.

The only natural metal liquid at room temperature is mercury which has 1/60 Cu conductivity. The DCR could be overcome by making the wire 60 times as large, but then L would decrease by a factor of about 6. C could be kept the same by changing dielectric.

So if one keeps R and C constant, changing L by a factor of 6, one has created a new filter and one that is probably quite audible. Depending on source and destination response, the new filter may be a plus and maybe not.

To claim "TEO’s Liquid Cable interconnect cables are best characterized by their absence of character. … etc." strains credibility.

If the cables are not in fact a flowing material, then the "Liquid" moniker is just more marketing malarkey.
@ ieales

Film?!?!?! go away! <vbg> Z-curve? Bleccchhh. I effing hated doing music for films and TV! Great music buried for a door slam or tire squeal. What a waste!

Very sorry to hear that your experience with the great sausage making machine was such a bummer. For me it was for the most part awesome, the crews were great, the problems were wild and crazy which forced you to do what I sometimes call "acoustic trauma surgery" ( like whatever it takes, just save the scene ). 
Post removed