The Room

Wanted to start a discussion about the importance of The Room. I had my system in a room 30x40 feet with concrete floors and 9 foot ceilings. Never felt right. Then because I am a health care provider, I got kicked out of the main house because of COVID concerns and into the guest apartment. I then put my system in the guest house into a 14x25 foot space. Very much different. Actually, a world apart difference. So much better.  Not saying I did it right or wrong. Just saying that it is amazing the difference a room can play. Whether treated of not, the room plays a dramatic outcome in the reproduction of sound.
ricmci
I would also say the 2 subs, REL T-7is, are much easier to set in the smaller room than in the bigger room. Not sure if I just wasn't doing it right in the other room but they are completely different (better) in the smaller room.  A nice perk. 
Room treatment can be tricky. The first thing you may want to figure is where your listening spot will be. 

Concrete...yikes! Deflections of sound waves from hard surfaces is detrimental to sound quality when using speakers. Acoustic foam and perhaps a floor with carpet are good steps to take.

I may upgrade my basement to have my own private listening room. (Soundproofed) etc. 

Yeah, totally the room you listen in can make a big difference.
I always knew I needed my own place in my house where I could practice in peace and not disturb anyone. Thanks for this post, I will now revisit my office and layout, I don't think there is much room.
Post removed