The Return to Audio Begins...BAT VK-3000SE

After a 10-year sabbatical to learn guitar (and take that hobby beyond silliness), I decided to re-enter the hifi pool. I still did some occasional listening, but most of my free time was devoted to guitar.

My "downsized" system was a Prima Luna Prologue 2 and some Vandersteen 1Ci speakers. My source has always been a Lector CDP-7T.

A few things triggered this situation:
A ton of recently-remastered CDs that sound great.
My being tired of not having a remote controlled volume on my amp.
A glance at the new MD catalog. The BAT currently has a price reduction, and I got a fair trade number on the Prologue.

So, I bought a BAT VK-3000SE.

I had previously owned the 300xse 10 years ago w/VSA VR-4SR speakers.

I just like the blend of warmth/detail/dynamics of the BAT. Even with $1250 speakers, I can say some of the playback is the best I've had. It will not make ordinary recordings sound great, but great ones are superb.

I basically listen to classic rock. Beatles-oriented, through GnR with a twist of 80's pop. That's it. no Dianna Krall or Patricia Barber required for system testing this go round. I played enough of those tracks during all of my system testing years ago to last three lifetimes.

Differences? Exactly what you would imagine them to be. Better bass control, more detail and depth. The Prologue was no dog. I had it re-tubed with Gold Lions in January and it sounded better-than-ever. 
I'm really liking the more-pronounced hologram between the speakers with the BAT. The vocals are just "there", much like listening to live music. I'm certain the BAT would please most listeners because of it's ability to combine warmth and detail. I think this would span many musical and speaker preferences.

Somehow, I've been lucky getting good sound in a room with wood floors, concrete walls, and a recessed window between the speakers. The speakers can ONLY go in this location. They sit eight feet apart

Next...

I'm using some very ordinary cables at the moment. The ICs between the amp was one of about a dozen I tried in the old days (I don't even recall what it is) with two Power Chords going into a Richard Gray's unit. 
The speaker cable is a very basic Audioquest. I ordered some Anticables V3 yesterday. I don't want to sink a TON into these because my next move will likely be a speaker upgrade, which will require new cables for bi-wiring.

Next speaker (if necessary)? It would be hard to not stay in the Vandersteen family with what I'm hearing from the 1Ci. My room will allow a slightly larger speaker. All  really that's "missing" today is a little more depth feel to the bass. We're talking a slight amount. I'm hoping a cable change will deliver this without removing the things I'm currently liking. If this doesn't work, the speakers will likely be replaced within the next 6 months.

Then, the fun begins...again.
cbucki
Welcome home! My BAT VK300se has been my workhorse for over 12 years (I've had two). I'd recommend this honey for anyone getting into "this life". It just sounds "right", has lots of power and is fully balanced. The only issue is this unit has been in production for something like twenty years? I made sure to check the serial number before purchasing my current unit. It was a year and a half old when I got it. Be sure to try the NOS 6H30 "DR" driver tubes (standard in the 3000se?).
The wife and I are considering moving to a smaller home, as our children are all grown and out on their own.

Downsizing the audio rig would be part of the move, and I've had the BAT VK-300SE/3000SE at the top of my list if/when the move happens.
Welcome! back- cbucki

B.A.T. is on  my radar as well. Keep me posted as you massage the Anti-cables into your system. I can tell you that Audioquest is a sonic match for Vandy speakers and Prima Luna gear. I have not heard a B.A.T. product nor Lector cd player.
I,too, use a Richard Gray Power Company Pro400.

Happy Listening!
I'm hoping the Speltz best the AQ. Mine are the introductory type 4. I needed something with spades quickly, and I wasn't listening much when I got them.

If they provide any improvement at all, I'll be thrilled. I'd describe the current sound as electrostat with good bass. Some very slight speaker movements got me the bass that had been lacking. A little more "liquidity" and it's a done deal for a while.
Much Thanks! for sharing- cbucki

never discount lower tier cables, you may be surprised. I know that I was surprised by entry-level Straight-Wire cabling a few years ago. Cables and Power Cords are my passion as far as this hobby goes. Get the combination "right" and you will be musically rewarded.

Happy Listening!
I went with AQ-CV8s and Columbia ICs.

My Speltz had not been made, so it was an easy cancel decision. 

Both AQs have the 72v dbs. 

Just hours in I can tell some depth has been added and some sharpness removed.

I think the end is near; time to listen again...
Hey guys. I currently have musical Fidelity M6si and looking to purchase a BAT vk3000se do you think it will be a better integrated amp? Do you think I will hear a difference or be an upgrade? I have revel f228be speakers.
I have not heard the BAT VK3000 but the Musical Fidelity M6si is a very good amp. You might want to look elsewhere in your system for improvements. 
Not much else to look at it’s an integrated amp. Going to another integrated amp. Which is a lot more expensive but doesn’t necessarily mean it’s better. I’m revel are on the dry side I’m hope maybe the BAT could add a little warmth or emotion into the mix?