The Question,Tekton Pendragons or Focal 1028 BE

Ok, so the Wife Acceptance Factor has driven me to ask the question. I have heard the Focals and have not hear the Pendragons or the Double Impacts which I am also considering.

Although the 1028's are at $5k currently and the TD speakers are substantially less the bride is enamored with the appearance of the Focals. Personally I like the looks of the Tekton's and deep down believe that they have to sound as good as the Focals and hopefully better. Does anyone have experience with both and I understand I will get a bevy of comments on other speakers to consider, but frankly I would like to stay focused on the two speakers here....

My room is small, it is 11x11x9. It was a bedroom but we opened up the wall and made it into an office off of the living room in a medium sized Cape style which is now really becoming a music room. I am driving the speakers with a Primaluna Dialogue Premium and not the HP version the 36 watt version.

All input will be valued.
Thanks!
Chip
128x128eag618
Electra’s are just in a completely different class.

Just make sure you get the most current (although now discontinued) 1028be2 with the 1.25” tweeter, not the older one.
IMO the Tekton's tend to "shout" whereas the midrange on the Focals is very pleasing to me.  But you and I hear differently, so please do yourself a favor and spend some quality time with all the speakers you are considering, to find the one which matches your tastes and hearing the best.
I listened pretty extensively to the 1028be probably about 6 years ago. I thought they were really nice sounding and very good looking speakers. Tekton DIs sound much bigger and more live and will play acoustic, rock and metal like nobodies business. I prefer them to the 1028be. I think they will pair much better with your tube amp as well. 
I don’t listen to jazz and the female vocal stuff so I wouldn’t know about that. 
Room may be a little small for either. 
I owned the Pendragon's and a few other Tekton over the last few years... most "fun" speaker I have ever owned in 20+ years of this hobby.  I have owned maybe 35 different speakers ranging from a few hundred to over $12,000 a pair from Dynaudio, B&W, KEF, Klipsch, Tyler Acoustics, Sonus Faber, NHT, Zu, LINN, etc, etc.

I currently own the Enzo XL and it is AMAZING sound at less than $2,000 a pair.  I am sure the Focal are nice, well built speakers, but they will not come even close to any Tekton speaker when you consider the cost and nowhere near the same output vs. wattage.  However, the Pendragon or the DI will likely overload that room - it will be difficult to control the bass.
I am running a 2-watt SET tube amp with my Tektons and cannot even use all 2 watts.  The 36-watt amp you have will give you a TON of output on his speakers.  I also have a small 55-watt SS amp that I use when it's time to boogie.
AudioFreak,
Thank you, I was pretty much expecting the size of the room to be overwhelmed by the DI's or Pendragons, the Enzo's do not get a lot of press but my guess is there must be some similarities in all Eric's products.