The Proverbial "best amp" for Focal Sopra No. 1

Salutations,

I recently acquired the Focal Sopra No.1. These are without a doubt the last bookshelves I will ever own. 
I'm seeking suggestions for my perfect match for those amazing speakers. I added additional constraint/hints for selecting the amp at the end.

My current setup is McIntosh C712 with McIntosh MC7100 (2 x 100w @8Ohm). It is a bit old, but it's the best combo I ever had. With the Focals, it is an amazing listening experience every time!  The only problem is, they are not mine. It's a lend, and the (sad) day will come where I'll have to give them back. So what do I get to replace this combo?

I like the sound of the McIntosh, so I'm looking obviously for the MA5300, the MA7200 and, MAC7200. Is it ok to make the following assumption: The amp/speaker synergy between the Focals and all of those McIntosh integrated will be similar to what I have today.

What else should I put on my shortlist to try before I buy? I have a really good feeling about the Hegel H190, but never heard it. Has anyone had the chance to hear this amp and the Focals?
What about Naim? Are they a good fit for those? Any other suggestions?

I will greet your suggestions with an open mind.

Thanks,

-Papyneau

P.S. More details to improve suggestions :

• Room size is 9' x 11', but not really rectangular. It is what it is for now. But not forever.
  • Music is varied, but mainly strong female voices, piano, violon, acoustic blue and jazz. Very little of RbB, Hard Rock.
  • Budget is 4k-7k CAD, negotiable.
  • I only use one source: A Bluesound Node streaming Spotify andTidal.
papyneau

Showing 1 response by ejr1953

I've enjoyed a pair of Sopra No2's driven by McIntosh with "autoformers", so I'd recommend the MA7200 or MAC7200.  The "warm" sound of those amps seem to pair really well with the Focal tweeters.