The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

@audiosens I just replaced my pre-amp with an EAR 864. It used to sound rather forward and lacked good depth. Also, some recordings sounded great but so many others had that congealed sound. I replaced the cheap ass glass fuse with an SR blue I had lying around but was told by a friend, sounded mediocre (he didn’t use it more than10 minutes).

Immediately, it sounded superior. A little dark but oh, what separation of instruments and big tonality. It got better over 15 hours. Then it became too bright from 15 to 20 hours. I just let the pre-amp stay on for 48 hours more. That was it. Just like in my amps with the SR Black (took 72 hours to sound good), the fuse just needs on-time with no signal and steadily improves/stabilizes. Sounds fantastic.

I intend to replace my EAR 890 amp with the SR purple now. It already sounds great with a cheap ass glass fuse. How much better will it sound with an SR purple (or even a $25 audiophile ceramic fuse like an Acme or Gustard). That’s rhetorical.

Without this fuse upgrade, I was ready to chuck the pre-amp and try an EAR 912.  Wow! what a great improvement from this fuse.

Well I've 6x SR Purple in my system at this point. They make an incredible difference. I recently changed from an icOn 4PRO passive slagleformer pre to Absolute Audio Labs ASL-1Z pre and found a noticeable increase in sibilance in my system despite being better in most other ways so removed the remaining sterling silver power cables from wall to Musical Paradise MP-T1 balanced isolation transformer, and to Soundaware D300REF steeamer and installed Duelund tinned copper power cables to match all my other components. There was a slight reduction in sibilance. So I ordered an SR Purple for the pre and once more the reduction in sibilance to the point it's only reproducing whats in the recording, as it should.

That said I've SR Purple in my Afterdark Trifecta Emperor Double Crown OCXO clock, Soundaware D300REF, Accurate Audio Ultimate D1000 DAC, Absolute Audio Labs SIT-A15 power amp and Queensway QS-10 sub. Performance is just stunning and I won't cover benefits as it's much the same as others have already described in the thread. I have found one difference not mentioned here unless I missed it is one note bass is gone in favour of natural, detailed and tuneful bass which allows you to better hear the instrument producing it. Probably not ideal for those that like doof doof however for me it's a massive improvement. Very impressed with the Purple or I wouldn't be getting more whenever I change components. They make an enormous difference in my humble setup.

In are audio club we call it bass ping. No boom and rumble. Just musical bass notes as they should be.

The wsa Purple fuses are everything a synergistic purple is ,then another level in detail depth of instruments huge sound stage and more  realism , the synergistic purple  are a good fuse but 2 dimensional  compared to the QSA purple ,but at $358 with shipping not cheap.

Are there differences between the slo-blow and the fast-blow? Otherwise it would make sense to always order the slow-flow? I don't know what my amplifier needs (Primare I35).