The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

Luca,

SR fuse tolerances are VERY tight. Much more so than standard off the shelf fuses. We have never had a complaint that they did not blow when protection was needed. in fact if we are getting complaints, it’s that they are more protective than standard fuses. That said, I will look into building a 3 amp fuse but honestly I cannot imagine our 3.15 amp fuse not blowing when an off the shelf 3 amp fuse blows. Still, it’s always best to go with manufacturers recommendations regarding fuse values.

Thank you Ted,

I appreciate so much your kind answer.

Awaiting news from you as soon as possible, meanwhile happy new year. During these days we must all stay safe with our families, listening to music why not.

For information: I have PS Audio P10 and P5 240V. Both had 3.15A stock fuses.

Chiming in, maybe not adding much to the discussion;

I made a bunch of cable evaluations this week and reached a major improvement level but not finished quite yet. Once I hit this week's new level, I was awaiting my Purple fuse so I inserted an Audio Magic SHD beeswax I had in the parts bin and was surprised how good it "sounded". So my expectations were higher that maybe the 'fuse thing' will add improvement. Last night I received the Purple and threw it right in and it sounds slightly different but still nice given one hour of use.

I cannot use the AM SHD long term as it is a 6.8 amp rating and this piece of gear only requires a 1 amp SB or 2 amp std blow. Alfred backed me up if the 1 amp were to blow but it did not, so I'm good to go.

Logically, it makes sense that if we can get more of the electrical pulse/wave to move freely through the choke point, we should have sound that the electronics are fully capable of generating. Much like getting the 'right' cabling in place and hearing how your speakers actually play like $30k speakers instead of $5k speakers now that they are unleashed.

All good things.

I did not have any impact from a FEQ and 15 HFTs last week, but I gave it a shot. Overall, "Tweak week" turned out pretty good for me with the new cabling and fuse so I'm happy with the improvements. 

Yes finding the right cable combination and then adding a SR purple fuse will a greater impact.