The new Synergistic Research BLUE fuses ....

New SR BLUE fuse thread ...

I’ve replaced all 5 of the SR BLACK fuses in my system with the new SR BLUE fuses. Cold, out of the box, the BLUE fuses stomped the fully broken-in SR BLACKS in a big way. As good as the SR BLACK fuses were/are, especially in comparison with the SR RED fuses, SR has found another break-through in fuses.

1. Musicality ... The system is totally seamless at this point. Its as if there is no system in the room, only a wall to wall, front to back and floor to ceiling music presentation with true to life tonality from the various instruments.

2. Extension ... I’ve seemed to gain about an octave in low bass response. This has the effect of putting more meat on the bones of the instruments. Highs are very extended, breathing new life into my magic percussion recordings. Vibes, chimes, bells, and triangles positioned in the rear of the orchestra all have improved. I’ve experienced no roll-off of the highs what so ever with the new BLUE fuses. Just a more relaxed natural presentation.

3. Dynamics ... This is a huge improvement over the BLACK fuses. Piano and vibes fans ... this is fantastic.

I have a Japanese audiophile CD of Flamenco music ... the foot stomps on the stage, the hand clapping and the castanets are present like never before. Want to hear natural sounding castanets? Get the BLUE fuses.

4. Mid range ... Ha! Put on your favorite Ben Webster album ... and a pair of adult diapers. Play Chris Connor singing "All About Ronnie," its to die for.

Quick .... someone here HAS to buy this double album. Its a bargain at this price. Audiophile sound, excellent performance by the one and only Chris Connor. Yes, its mono ... but so what? Its so good you won’t miss the stereo effects. If you’re the lucky person who scores this album, please post your results here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRASONIC-CLEAN-The-Finest-Of-CHRIS-CONNOR-Bethlehem-Jazz-1975-NM-UNPLAYED-...

Overall impressions:

Where the RED fuses took about 20 hours to sound their best, and the BLACK fuses took upwards of 200 hours of total break-in, the BLUE fuses sounded really good right out of the box ... and that’s without doing anything about proper directional positioning. Not that the BLUE fuses don’t need breaking in, they do. The improvement continues through week three. Its a gradual break-in thing where each listening session is better than the last.

Everything I described above continues to break new ground in my system as the fuses continue breaking in. Quite honestly, I find it difficult to tear myself away from the system in order to get things done. Its truly been transformed into a magical music machine. With the expenditure of $150.00 and a 30 day return policy there’s really nothing to lose. In my system, its like upgrading to a better pre amp, amp, CD player or phono stage. Highly recommended.

Kudos to Ted Denney and the entire staff at SR. Amazing stuff, guys. :-)

Frank

PS: If you try the SR BLUE fuses, please post your results here. Seems the naysayers, the Debbie Downers and Negative Nellie’s have hijacked the original RED fuse thread. A pox on their houses and their Pioneer receivers.

Frank

128x128oregonpapa
uberwaltz,

I'm in the same position regarding blind testing of some gear I own.
(Again, not that I blind test everything...only when I'm curious about or puzzled by something).

I went to town making an isolated platform for my Turntable.  I have no idea how I could blind test it with and without the platform in any remotely practical way. 

On the other hand, other gear is more amenable to blind testing, and I have an audio buddy who helps me out.  He helped me blind test my new music server a while back.  Blind testing can actually be a wonderful cure sometimes for "audiophile nervosa" :-)
I did a lot of a/b testing with the Red Fuse OP sent my way and my Audio Research sp16 pre-amp vendor stock fuse awhile back. Was not blind though. No assistant. I guess I could have dropped both in a bag, pick one out one at a time with gloves on and not look which it was, but the difference I heard, if any consistently, was so subtle, I deemed it insignificant and lost interest after a couple days. The setup was Squeezebox Touch to mhdt Constantine DAC to SP16 to Bel CAnto ref1000M amps to Dynaudio Contour 1.3 mkII speakers.  The fuse that came in teh sp16 looked to be of good quality and must have been since it sounded so much like the heralded (at the time) Red Fuse.
Exactly Mapman, just the way I did it, by myself with my ears and as some will insist, built in expectation bias.
But I perceived a not so subtle difference with black fuses.

Gdhal..
Please, what are friends?
😞😞😞
Prof
Unfortunately all neighbours are like 85 plus and zero interest in me or my toys.
Not one person I know in this country has the slightest interest in audio equipment.
Now some friends from back in Blighty do but 4000 miles is just a tad excessive.
Not one person I know in this country has the slightest interest in audio equipment.

I bet they have never seen a fancy fuse though. Not to mention one with graphene in there somewhere somehow coaxing that EM wave along. What could be more interesting then that? Just look at all the posts here! More than most anything! Explain it to them. It could flip them! You never know. Or they might have you committed. Especially if you tell them how much it cost.

If I had maybe actually paid for the fuse instead of getting a freeby maybe my tests would have yielded different results. Ya never know!