THE NEW POLK LEGEND SERIES

I recently read Dennis Burgers' review in Hometheaterreview on the smallest bookshelf model from Polks' new Legend series, the L100.
Ignore the review. This guy has a brain the size of a walnut. In the review he states " I plopped them out of the carton and put them up on the shelves", then proceeded to hook them up for listening evaluation and concluded the tweeter
performance was on the cool and bright side. No burn in time whatsoever to the crossover network.
Another typical "politcal" review to damage the sales of the new lineup. We all know that you never evaluate a good high end designed speaker unless its burned in at least 200 to 500 hours so the crossover components can reach their maximum synergy of performance. Having owned their top bookshelf in 2005, the LSI 9's, the tweeter performance of the Vifa ring tweeter was excellent and anything but cold and bright. At the time my kit included the Pass X-1 preamp and the Parasound Pl 2000 preamp , and the Nuforce Reference 9 mono's hooked up with Harmonic Technology cables. At the time, I sold my Paradigm Active 20's. The Polks' smoked the Paradigms. And now they have a new crossover designer, Scott Orth, who worked on the Lsim series, whose current work is superior to their previous crossover's. Look forward to honest, legitimate reviews in the near future of the new series and keeping my eye on the new L600 towers.
audiozen
Kenjit
Read what clearthink says on this subject. You are wrong and he is correct! Further, the burn in of components such as capacitors is a well known phenomenon. 
Kenjit..It is absolutely essential to burn in the components on the crossover boards. Quite often, you will notice that high end speakers have several crossover boards as compared to low end speakers with one board. The parts that make up the boards are inductor coils, capacitors, and resistors and some  boards have as much parts as a preamplifier or a mid size amplifier and I assume you agree that the parts in a amp or preamp have to be burned in so  the components can reach their full bloom for maximum performance. The crossovers job is to filter 
the incoming audio signal by frequency and to split up and send specific frequency bands to each driver to match the frequency bands each driver handles. Very simple science.
   The Polk Legend L800 SDA flagship speaker received high praise in a recent review in Sound & Vision. Al Griffin, to use his wording, was enthralled with the SDA-PRO sound. He stated that the L800 had a neutral tonal balance. And, that Polk clearly packed a lot of history, effort, and love into its statement speaker. The high level of enthusiasm is reflected in the sound.
    The complete review makes an interesting read for anyone interested in the Polk Legend series.
I held off with additional posts since I plan to follow up with Gary 
at Listen Up in Colorado once the Speakers are released to the retailer's,
and get his evaluation once the Speakers burn in.