The new B&k avr707 or Arcams av600

So I think I want to upgrade my Ht proces. I was thinking between either the new B&k avr 707 or 705, or the new Arcam. Now the Arcam has a few more features, But there was always something that B&k does that sounds great with HT. I know they have always been a little behind in the vid area but they now address that. So what are your thoughts?

I am not really worried about power since either of these units will only power my center and rear speakers. I have my mains powered by mono block mcintosh 501's with a mcintosh c2300 preamp set with passthrough. I am using right now a mcintosh mht-200. my dvd player is a esoteric dv-60, with my speakers being the New totem Wind desings and modle one sig for center. with Dali helicons w200 for rears.
ltleo74
I agree all electronic gears have software out-of-date problem! The key issue is how easy to upgrade your software. Marantz (remember this name!) does not allow me to upgrade software myself. I was instructed to go to a local authorized shop. There is only one in San Francisco Bay Area, Mountain View. I have to pay $150 just to walk into the door. Comparing to Sony, I can download software on-line and upload it myself. I plan to dump my Marantz gears, two SR7400, DV5500 and DV9500.
I have the Ref 70 pre/pro and have been very impressed with it. The sonics are great for a pre/pro that can be had new under $3k. When changing TV stations from HD to standard and back there sometimes is a few second delay before the picture returns as it is changing formats. Overall, I find it great for the price.
Well they both had software issues. To be honest every unit from almost all company's with this new tech has soft ware issues. I hate denon, and onky, along with marantz, they are just not great sounding items compaired to what I am looking at. I would really like the new sim audio, but I am not going to spend 18g on a procs. I also think that B&k gives you just a great product its hand made, in the usa, and it just outproforms any den or onk, it may not have any many features but, I am not looking for all of that. I am into just sound wise.
the avr 600 had software issues and the company is difficult to deal with. good luck!