The NAD M33 will cancel your complaints about Class D

There are many reasons to like one type of sound over another. Even among what are considered very good amplifiers there’s a broad range of tastes and preferences among audiophiles. Just ask a SET aficionado!

However, no class is more maligned, inappropriately, than Class D. To hear some regulars tell it, Class D sound will thin your blood, make your teeth fall out and ruin your enjoyment of just about everything because it sounds so (fill in a lot of tropes from the 1980’s here).

I’ve been listening to NAD’s prior collaboration with Bruno Putzy and I can tell with some confidence that none of those tired old tropes apply. For reasons related much more to tonal balance than anything else, I’m sticking with Class A/B in my main system, but with the introduction of the next gen Anthem AVR receivers and the NAD M33 I may be making the switch back to class D.

You don’t have to like the M33 or the Anthem’s but can we at least agree that it’s time to retire the old guard of reasons not to buy Class D? Lets lay those poor phantoms to rest.
erik_squires
As the owner of the Purifi Audi amp modules and the Starke Sound AD4.320 (on sale at a ridiculous price - under $900 - Blsck Friday and all that - I'm ordering another one today) this new approach to Class D these two companies are using will reorganize your mind. The switching rates are so high that any effects in the audio band are non-existent. The sound of these units is the best I've ever heard. Period. These are the truly "transparent amps" at last. Don't spend a nickel on a power amp until you have heard one of these.
Yes I know Ralph is working on a Class D amp and thinks the design holds promise. Yes I agree with what you said about comparisons. Just my 2 cents not prefaced with IMO. 

I have NAD C370 after 20 years the protection circuit took a bit to much time to switch the amp on. So i bought for 2,75 Euro replacing condensators an turned the Zener Diode which causes the problems an it was done.

Problem what i read about modern class D amps (I'am quite impressed by Hypex amp’s) they are making use of lost of micro switches fast switching power supplies an specific none uploadeble eprom code. Because of that Life span is expected between only 5 a 10 years. I rather do an proper restoration on my 20 year old excellent sounding NAD for less than 3 a 400 Euro an enjoy it for 20 years or more or longer because replacing parts have a way better life span because they are able to work under higher temperatures conditions compared to the old elco’s an condensators.

I guess I am an audio snob because I would never consider a NAD component in any system I have.  I don’t care if it class A,B,D or whatever.  I have the same feeling about Rotel and other less expensive brands.   If I was just starting out, perhaps I would feel different. 
I am willing to bet that a year from now, there will be many NAD 33’s for sale because the next latest and supposedly greatest have come to fruition.