The Music Room

Hi has anyone done business with The Music Room?  They seem legit, but their lack of a published address makes me a little nervous
128x128markainsworth
Post removed 
Post removed 
I have had multiple, excellent experiences with TMR.  I sold/traded some big speakers toward some other speakers they had.  I also bought McIntosh from them.  I technically took a hit on the speakers-- but they made my life easy and that is worth a lot to me.  I am local to them so I was able to do an in person swap.

The reason I mention this is if I had tried to sell the speakers here, the time, shipping, hassle, fees would have caused me stress...  

If you understand how consignment of higher end goods work (Watches, Guitars, or Audiophile gear), here is what I have come to see as "fair" and "industry norm" over the years.

1. Forget "List/Retail" pricing, or what you paid "New"
  2. Find the average used sale price (eBay, Forums, etc.) [factor condition]
  3. Now subtract 30% from that #2 [Average Used Sale Price, which could be HIGHER than what you paid in rare/collectable circumstances] 
Example:  If speakers cost you/listed for $5000, but they are selling for ~$3000 used, take 30% off.  $3000 - $900 = $2100 would be the "fair/nominal" amount you should expect.  If you can do better reselling yourself, then by all means, you should.  (In my scenario, a $900 hit, was insurance against shipping/packaging issues, time spent photographing/posting, PayPal/Audiogon fees, and not having to deal with the general public).  Personally, I will take 'time' over 'money'.   YMMV.   

Post removed 
I ordered a pair of speakers on Mar 1 from the Music Room and as of Mar 15, no speakers. Probably FedEx is to blame but perhaps TMR should be more careful with their choice of shipping partner.