The most important factor in soundstage imaging

Everybody wants a system that images well. There are  many discussions here positing equipment changes that will improve imaging. Some people think the magic wand is cables, others are sure it’s the preamp, and the ones that don’t think it’s preamps, think it’s amplifiers. And, of course, speakers are (correctly) mentioned. 

However, the single most important factor in audio stereo imaging, is increasing direct radiation and decreasing reflected radiation, by moving the speakers away from the back wall, and away from the side walls. 
128x128phomchick
However, the single most important factor in audio stereo imaging, is increasing direct radiation and decreasing reflected radiation,

Those of us with omnis (I own MBLs) may be surprised to hear that, as the addition of the omni pattern makes these things soundstage and image like nothing else.

That said, I do prefer to get closer to my MBLs, mostly because I tend to like the instrumental timbre with more direct sound.
With all due respects, I put many other system attributes before sound staging and imaging, although I appreciate that my system can disappear, soundstage and image with the best of them. Tone, coherence, dynamics, agility ( prat ), detail, are all more significant to me, and a good system should be able to do it all. I hear many systems that sound stage and image well, but lack many of the other characteristics I find important. Most systems I have heard recently have failed, for me, in the dynamics department and the prat department. Just boring and ill defined. 
Can you guys help me understand something about imaging? I’ve tried the roger warmers amused to death cd on the three wishes song the woman speaking sounds like she’s 10’ left of the left speaker on a few speakers I have and on some other quite expensive speakers the image doesn’t throw at all. Makes 
me wonder if covers or phase within the box affects imaging. Out of 5 speakers the 2 most expensive didn’t throw the voice while 1 of those 2 excels at every other aspect of stereo sound stage and imaging. Seriously baffled.
As to the importance of stereo to me I find stereo has the ability to get me involved in the music to a point that I easily overlook other problems the speakers may have.
Rodman99999,

thanks for the links. I will check them out tonight when I get home. Here at work my airpods failed pretty bad lol.