The majic of early 1970's rock and it's influence-

Starting with the Beatles and the Rolling Stones in the sixties; then adding in the Vietnam War, and the sexual revolution, which also occurred at this time, I think the time frame of 1970-1975 created the majority of rock's geniuses, the likes of which probably won't be seen again. I use, for examples- Jimmy Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Yes, Elton John, Genesis, the Allman Brothers, Janis Joplin, Eric Clapton, Jethro Tull, Santana, and Neil Young, just to name a few. I think earlier (pre 1970) rock concerts of large attendance, such as the Beatles tours and Woodstock also had a profound influence on the social change during this time. What do you think?
talon4

Showing 1 response by markphd

You know you're getting old when the "oldies" radio shows aren't old enough for you!

I grew up and reached adolescence in the 60's so I have a soft spot for late 60's and early 70's rock. I find that people are "imprinted" with the music of that stage of their life, the same way that my parents loved the big band sound of the 40's and the way that my children seem enthralled with their music today.

And while I'm on my soapbox here, may I express my continuing displeasure with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for not having Jethro Tull. Thirty-seven years and counting and still with a strong following. They should rename the place the "Top 40 Hall of Fame".