The magic of outdoor listening

I tend to keep one system I can pull outdoors when I am in the mood the freedom from room colorations is an amazing thing. Being outside listening to a great system playing wonderful music is magic. I have a bike race by my home and if the weather is nice many times I'm out jamming I have had large groups of cyclists stop 50 yards from my home to enjoy my music. Last year I has using a giant pair of RCA front horns with a full range in it this year going with a community leviathan system with radial. I pull out a tube amp when I jam outside. When I retire I plan on putting out a permanent outdoor horn system so it is ready to go when I am. Sitting still seated centered in a room all alone is enjoyable at times but also kind of tragic I am happy I have options. Maybe consider the outdoors as one of your listening spaces.

128x128johnk
johnk: i couldn't agree with you more. my listening is about 95% outside. i get to enjoy my music and wine while i play fetch with my dog, under the great L.A. weather. there are some great sounding speakers out there. enjoy!

We used to jam out with Klipsch Forte Ils on my back deck, high spls. Our neighbors were all good with the wide variety of loud music,most of which they had ever heard before. Now we have one that is less thrilled with it so although we still listen, nothing compares with hearing Car Wheels on a Gravel Road at "concert levels! 

Yes listening outdoors with a good source is a different kind of treat.