The Luxman L-595A SE integrated is coming.

Luxman is releasing this fall a 95th anniversary integrated. It's style is from the late 1980's. No meters all buttons. Power wise it seems like the same as the 590AXII. World wide 300 of these integrated's will be built. 100 allocated to the US market. Price about $11,495. You can view it on the new Luxman website.
luxmancl38
@manojrc 

I am so sorry for the late reply. I can't believe how the time flies.

I do use the loudness button. That's one feature about Luxman that I love. If you listen at low volumes, put the loudness on and hear the bottom fill in and thicken up a little. Works great.
@ luxmancl38 Me and Joeinid both really enjoying our 595 so much We both owned the 590 before. 
Definitely. It’s made me get off the merry go round of gear.

I’d love it if Luxman made an anniversary 509. That would be awesome.

ello I reply late wishes and happy new year,
also i would be curious to try a Luxman also the new 595 in class A, but just to simplify everything by having efficient 96 db Tannoy Canterbury speakers but they want a lot of current to control the 38 cm woofer. I am considering the idea of a class A amp in addition to Luxman also Sugden Masterclass
I await your suggestions, always solid state no tube amps. my current system is a Full total Naim

I'm hoping to find a used or demo 590axii. I can't swing a L-595 (a couple of dealer's still have one...I'm sure they won't budge on price). The 509x may be the ticket as well. My ZU's are 96-101 db efficient so I can go low or higher wattage with no issues. 

I’m hoping to find a used or demo 590axii. I can’t swing a L-595 (a couple of dealer’s still have one...I’m sure they won’t budge on price). The 509x may be the ticket as well. My ZU’s are 96-101 db efficient so I can go low or higher wattage with no issues.

There’s one (L-590AXII) currently listed here on Audiogon, auction ends tomorrow.

Luxman is probably if not one of the best integrated amps in class A.  For those that own one, its a one and done situation as its that good.  Clean, simplistic and years of enjoyment.  I use Luxman 590 with vintage B&W803.  Zu's Audio Soul Supreme have been on my target for sound, style and build.

@webking185 I agree. I have had the L595ase for a couple of weeks and this thing sounds fantastic!!

@joeinid I am in the market to check out the Luxman L595 A SE. I have the 550AXII, D03X and The M10X. And I am waiting on the C900U to be delivered. Right now I am driving the M10X with the preout of the 550AXII and it's heavenly. So I am an all in Luxman Fan.. My question is I have a Mcintosh MA352 that I am planning to swap out. Should I go for the 595ASE or the 380X? Any suggestion will be welcome.. My dealer has both. I am driving Magico speakers.. Please let me know..

@rman9 

Congratulations on having great taste. If you can get the 595 A SE, go for it. The LX-380 is awesome, I’m sure, but I don’t think nearly as powerful enough for Magico speakers. While the 590/595 integrateds are only rated at 30wpc, their power output is closer to 3X rated output. 

With the C900u/M10x combo, having the 595 might be a little redundant but will be stellar in its own right. With efficient speakers, the tube based LX-380 will be absolutely beautiful and musical but you’ll need easy to drive speakers.

Thank you @joeinid. You are so right about the 595 being redundant with the C900U/M10X combo.. I am tired of the MA352 and my choices with the dealer is I can swap it out within a year of purchase of anything that is twice as much, and that’s part of the reason I was considering the 595 for swapping it with the MA352 that I paid $6500.. Honestly, I don’t care for the Mcintosh sound, hopefully I don't draw any wrath on that. I swapped the MC462 with the M10X, the C53 with the C900U  with a demo unit while I wait for the one that I ordered, and I can’t be any happier. The M10X is such a beauty and it drives the Magico’s effortlessly.. I don’t use any subs in my 2 channel stereo and I don’t miss it one bit. The reason I went with the 550AXII and the C900U/M10X is to enjoy both the integrated and separate versions of Luxman products.. I adore the brand and I am so glad to have a dealer here in the northwest.. Have you gotten use to the looks of the 595? that holds me back a little, although I will be looking at them in person next weekend at the dealer.. The black underside, is that plastic? thanks for the reply again..

I absolutely love the looks of the 595. Whether it’s Luxman or McIntosh, I usually turn off the meters for the majority of my listening. McIntosh gear is great but Luxman is typically my preferred sound especially since McIntosh changed the sound of the newer gear. Luxman is a perfect match with Magico.

Remember, it’s all about balance. The speaker and amp synergy is critical. Whoever thinks all amps sound the same is wrong.

Luxman, especially the new/current gear is absolutely superb. You are lucky to have such a varied selection of gear. Enjoy the music in great health. Move the MA352 and don’t look back.

Hmmm, I think the bottom black piece is metal. It’s solid and the whole unit is especially well made.

@joeinid I agree with you so much what you said on enjoying the gear in good health. I recently lost my mom and dad and so much of that rings true on the fact life is only once and health is not a given.

And you are spot on with the amp/speaker synergy.. The C53/462/Magico just did not work.. When I brought the 550AXii home, I was stunned by how the Magico’s became alive. and when I brought the M10X, just the shear dynamics, how the lows and highs were so profound, the hush whisper to the loud linger of the cymbals.. It felt like the orchestra is in the room. It’s just phenomenal. I kept thinking I hope I have continued health to enjoy these beautiful machines. So it rings true of what you said. I’ll keep posted on what I do next weekend. I am pretty set on moving the MA352.. Looking at the 595 in person will help..

The Magico/Luxman combo seems like they are made for each other. I had the pleasure of talking to both Peter Mckay at Magico and Jeff Sigmund at Luxman on the phone.. They were both very helpful and very pleasant to talk to..

I don’t doubt for one second how well built the luxman products are.. The bottom I gathered is made of black alumite.. Did you hear a significant difference or improvement in sound with the 595 over the 590AXii? And does the 595 run real hot? The 550AXii runs a little warm.. It's interesting it runs cooler at higher volume levels, wondering if it goes into Class AB at higher volume.. 

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads here.

@rman9 I am so sorry for your loss. All the reason more to enjoy what you have now.

The 590/595 run pretty warm almost hot. They are class A of course. It’s not horrible but you know they are cooking after a while.

McIntosh works with a lot of speakers but Magico is not one of them, in my opinion.

Magico and Luxman, especially monos, seems to be a natural combo like Wilson and D’agostino.

The 595 is a little more energetic and lively with better bass control with a little more bass and articulation. The 590 is a little more typical class A being warmer, sweeter and a little more forgiving. In my opinion the 595 strikes a better balance and is more M10x sounding. It’s a wonderful piece and each shines on different speakers.

Rman9, yes the Luxman class A integrateds move into AB beyond their rated class A power.  Such is why they can be used with power hungry speakers.  Even the non class A amps (509, for example) are class A up to a certain point.  The 509 is class A up to 6 watts.  I personally prefer AB more often than A.  Maybe you should also try a 509?

@plinko i had the fortune of being able to borrow both 550AXii and 509 from the dealer and compare them side by side at my home. The 550 ax ii was more to my liking.. and I went with the 550.. 

@joeinid I am looking forward to my visit to the dealer on the 595.. I am planning on asking to borrow the 595 for a home trial.. 

Rman9, good luck.  Hope you like the 595 and would be interested to hear what you think?

@joeinid @plinko brought home the 595ASE demo from the dealer, wow.. just wow!! it is beyond belief.. I am hearing the voice of God. Forgive me if you are not into a higher being.. I am just breathless.. It is a wonderful machine.. It is several notches up above the 550AXii. It's probably going to be a stiff competition for the C900U when I get that. The MA352 is all packed up.. I will be getting my 595ASE this week. I will know the serial number when I get it. They could have given me the serial number, cause they already have it in stock, but I wanted to keep the excitement to when I open it.. 😁

Thank you @joeinid for giving me the nudge.. I love the 595ASE in person.. It is a beauty.. The photo's don't do justice to how beautiful it is.. 

PS: How do I attach a photo?

Congratulations!

So happy for you. Luxman is awesome and I just call it like I hear it. I love the look too. Understated elegance. :)

As for photo attachment, I think you need a hosting service and then add the link here. Hopefully someone can explain it.

Thanks!! I put a photo in the Virtual Systems under rman9's system. Hopefully I did it right.. 

Thank you so much @joeinid I posted some additional photos to capture my audio journey of what I had been doing the last several months to the year.. Let me know what you think..  I am so glad my dealer had both Mcintosh and Luxman.. I was so disappointed after having invested so much into Mcintosh and still not getting that sensory satisfaction.. I honestly don't think Mcintosh is the same as in the past.. It just isn't to my taste.. Fortunately my dealer let me swap each one of them with Luxman.. 

I can add, the MM phono section sounds fantastic. No downgrade from my older ELAC ppa-2. I hope to try a MC cartridge later on

Audio Video Therapy still has a couple of 595's available. A very hot item for his store. Up to 12 sold. 

Post removed 

@rman9 at higher volumes/load the 590 will transition to A/B but will still be outputting 100% Class A. The reason that it runs cooler is that it has less heat to dissipate to the heatsinks, instead more energy is being used to drive your speakers.