The Lawyers Have Taken Over Audio

Great article in the wall street journal today.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323320404578213691784333734.html?KEYWORDS=gideon+schwartz

Strange, Gideon mentions that he has a $500,000 ceiling on a system. I will appreciate that when I visit him. I now know how much cash to bring.
buconero117
Ghasley,
Then I stand corrected. To be perfectly honest, I laughed at the ideal of paying real money for a FRENCH made component. Also, if the rich can't splurge, what's the point of being rich? And we, the USA, have the best rich in the world. Many are generous to a fault. I do not in any way begrudge them their wealth. They pay the tab that make many technical advancements possible. They also support the Arts. Although, I must admit, I have not noticed any 'trickle down' in high-end audio lately.
Cheers
I'm a big Gideon fan, customer and supporter. All on this site within their own financial means and circumstance looks to raise the level of this art while we are surrounded by "muggles" who believe a Bose table top radio is state of the art or at least good enough. I believe the reporter has most likely misquoted and taken out of context some of the statements being swatted around on this forum. The WSJ is a financial newspaper and a high end audio store is a business. The passion for what these product deliver to those of us in the know and who considerate good audio important is not really reported on in this article. But the reality of running this type of business is that you should cater to a range of tastes and financial abilities to stay viable. We can all see Gidion also offers the affordable brands and products he likes for the person looking for something better than the run of the mill. Give him his due for supporting our love with his investment in a facility where we actually hear something with personal assistance added.
A few years back i was taking competitive driving track instructions because i wanted to buy a Ferrari, my teacher suggested to take a test drive in a Lotus Elise at a quarter of the price it was as fulfilling and thrilling as the Ferrari, i bought the Lotus. A few years latter I needed to upgrade my audio system somehow i ended at Gideon place, same experience, he sold me a system half the price of what i was expecting to spend. Talking of professionalism nothing compares the experience of the race track or the audio salon. And then the lawyer thing, I feel more comfortable dealing with somebody ho don't have the need to make a profit to exist and does his thing because of the passion of it. Do you think Mayor Blomberg is in for the money?
I am a big fan, customer and supporter of Gideon. You know we are all in this hobby to elevate the level of the art of music appreciation in the home even though we are surrounded by “muggles”( that would include WSJ reporters) that may believe a Bose table top radio is state of the art sound reproduction or at least good enough. The statements from this article being swatted around on this forum I believe from my experience with Gideon were misquoted and certainly taken out of context. The WSJ is a financial newspaper and a high end audio store is a business. The WSJ needs eye catching headlines for its demographic reader and we need hi end audio stores and the well-heeled that help support them. The passion about what these products deliver is not really reported on. And to be in this as a business you should cater to a defined range of tastes and financial ability. We can all see Gideon does in fact sell brands and products that he likes that cater to the person that just wants to step up beyond the run of the mill stuff. I realize that there are some of us on this site that just like to antagonize for fun. I get it. But still give Gideon his due for making the investment in a facility where we and others can actually hear something along with providing exceptional customer education and service.
"Muggles are simply ordinary human beings rather than witches and wizards"

A lot of 'muggles' on the a'gon, I would guess.