THE LATEST---Gold plated fuses?

My pal just learned of 25 dollar a pop,gold plated fuses.He is about to buy a bunch,and is giving me the "typical" pitch.This is an area I'm really sceptical about.I have no problems with tweaks,but these look like overkill.Any thoughts?
sirspeedy706802461

Showing 2 responses by sirspeedy70680e509

It would seem a fair thought that anything changed,and cleaned has a chance to improve sound.Even going to these gold plated fuses probably trumps the older fuses,in the "cleaner contact point" area.Maybe this is all that is heard by those making the change.I don't know,yet I am fascinated at the possibility of these new pricey fuses helping me.I'd go for them,if I really knew.Yet I've learned a few things in my old age!One is NOT to buy on emotion,and use some degree of common sense(of which I have little)!The reviews of these have all been positive,but these are made by a product advertisor,AND the reviewers liking these,also have some other products by some of these same companies.No guarantee of anything unsavory,but let's count to ten,before we spend our dough!!

Also,remember that gold is NOT the greatest conductor of electricity.Gold does not oxidize,so maybe a cleaning is all we need to do!

Just some food for thought.