The guru on fuses:

For two years, I have asked why and how fuses could possibly matter. All I got was arguments of faith, pro or con. I needed a real audio guru who actually knows. Here is a link from John Curl’s discussion on Parasound’s website. He engineered and designed some some great equipment, including some Mark Levinson gear, The Grateful Dead’s 30 plus McIntosh amp powered Wall of Sound, and his admittedly, somewhat price compromised Parasound designs. He discusses the electrical properties of standard fuses, showing how they are compromised. The entire article is quite enlightening, but to skip to the fuse section, go to the bottom half of page 6. https://www.parasound.com/pdfs/JCinterview.pdf

128x128danvignau
"I commented before that these fuse discussions are useless. For Gods sake, take advantage of Music Directs 60 day policy and try their Hi Fi Tuning fuses. Don't measure and just listen. If you don't hear a difference, then return them for a full refund. If you hear a positive difference that you feel is worth $100.00, then keep them and enjoy the music and stop with these useless discussions on whether fuses make a difference. We were given 2 ears for a reason."           +1                                                                     IF you’re interested in (possibly) improving your system’s presentation, have a shred of confidence in your capacity for perceiving reality and trust your own senses: try a better fuse, FOR YOURSELF.                                                                                                                      The Naysayer Church HATES it, when THAT happens!
Screaming and stomping your feet (figuratively) always wins the argument. How about not listening with your eyes for a change. Why are you so threatened by that?
               ^^^^^^     Projection, exemplified!    ^^^^^^^^^   WHY is YOUR cult, "so threatened" by another's possible experimentation/experience?
Could someone who knows electrical engineering (I am just about competent enough to change a fuse but that is my limit) help me understand the difference alternative fuses could make relative to the difference running 240v vs 120v through that same circuit?  To my poor level of understanding, it would seem to me that the fundamentals of doubling voltage / halving current through a circuit ought to have a bigger effect than 1cm of a different conducting material in that circuit.  Yet most equipment we use has a simple 240/120v switch around the back. Won’t flipping that switch drown whatever effect the fuse in the circuit might have?
One of us could explain it, but it would be far more entertaining to let rodman99999 et. all jump through hoops while doing mental gymnastics trying to justify why the fuse will matter more than the extra 10,20,30, 100 feet of wire switched in/out of the circuit when connecting to the 120/240V tap (assuming it is not a switch mode).

I personally enjoy the angry use of caps, the avoidance of listening without their eyes, and calling others angry while you can tell simply from their writing how worked up they are.