the guess who vs the rock and roll hall of fame

well earlier i posted about the moody blues and got many opinions. most were for inclusion. how about the guess who? my opinion is great songwriting and musicianship/singing. many top 10 songs and most of their classic songs are still fun to listen to. if you had a chance to see the guess who or alice cooper what would the choice be? i vote in. thanks
hotmailjbc
BTO needs to go in before Guess Who.

BTO were incredible. Randy was a great guitarist and songwriter. Turner’s bass lines and vocals carried so much gravitas there simply hasn’t been anything as heavy since. 

https://youtu.be/uW3nQqZLiwc

Rush are now in (2013) since this thread began.

I have as big a problem with some of those who are in rather than those who are not in, especially artists who had one or two hits and whose music is a far cry from rock and roll.That said, I like the Guess Who and feel that as a multi-hit band they should be strongly considered.  Are the Buckinghams in?  The Hollies?  The Association? 
Why not let them in?

The Hall is replete with groups and individuals who don’t belong there. 
I agree with those who don't care about the RRHOF. Nothing wrong with discussing who is the best and all that but the RRHOF seems like kind of a joke.....like many other halls-of-fame.

I heard that Bob Seger got in years ago due to a concerted lobbying effort by his own 'people' rather than merit.

I also heard that Rush had some unflattering words to say about the RRHOF during their acceptance speech.

Someone above said : "Let'em all in and make a complete mockery of rock and roll."

I think it is the RRHOF that is making a mockery of the RRHOF.

And it seems to me that a true rebel-spirit rocker would decline acceptance anyway. Are the Sex Pistols in?