The Golden era of Japanese integrated amps, are we missing out?

Maybe it’s just me but.....
I just threw together an el cheapo system with a Sansui A-2100 integrated at its heart and diminutive Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers.

And I still cannot get over just how good and right it sounds.... All for $240 total shipped!

So this got me thinking about the golden era of Japanese equipment and while tuners , tape decks and turntables appear to have large followings and a large knowledge and fan base, I do not get the same vibe on integrated amps?

Are there devotees of these amps out there?
I very rarely hear anybody talking about them and so many can be picked up for peanuts, I mean $75 shipped in perfect working order and decent cosmetics( and built in mm phono to boot!).
Are they likely to be the next " big thing" or?

Thoughts?
128x128uberwaltz
I own two Sansuis, the AU 7700 and one Au-X701 of the Alpha series...For a low price these queens of audio give me a natural musical experience that is astounding...To really crush them and upgrade them will cost me tremendous amount of money...The Au -7700 is so flexible with all his possibilities and controls that it is irreplaceable at any price...No modern amplifier can make possible all that is given when you use it, none at all...And the quality of sound is so great that upgrading it does not come to mind...I pity the owner of anything else under few thousand bucks...

But remember after this rant that all my audio and electrical grid is heavily tweaked for cleanliness then I listen to the true potential of these amplifiers...And trust me these Sansui are TOTL even by today standard...
Yes. Didn’t literally mean fortune. Referring to big jump in price past few years. I still use a Tandberg receiver and Yamaha integrated and enjoy them. Love the vintage tuners though 
uberwaltz - Several have told me that those speakers do amazing with cap upgrades. Even with relatively inexpensive caps like Mundorf MKP or Clarity CSA.

Best,
E
Post removed 
Lots of very cool vintage integrated amps out there. One less obvious thing to watch with this stuff, besides the age and operating condition, is that many popular modern speakers tend to be smaller and less efficient compared to when these units were popular.