The Future of Audio Amplification

I have recently paired an Audio Research DS225 Class D amplifier with an Audio Research tube preamplifier (SP8 mkii). I cannot believe how wonderful and lifelike my music sounds. The DS225 replaced an Audio Research SD135 Class AB amplifier. Perhaps the SD135 is just not as good as some of the better quality amps that are out there, but it got me thinking that amazingly wonderful sonance can be achieved with a tubed pre and Class D amp. I have a hunch that as more people experience this combination, it will likely catch on and become the future path of many, if not most audiophile systems. It is interesting that Audio Research has been at the forefront of this development.
distortions
 but to have friends
Who in gods name would want a "snake oiler" as a friend.

you must play nice
Why play nice with the "snake oil" pushers here, they just have their hands in the gullible's pockets, they  are con men and need to be exposed not pandered to.

There's too much of this snake oil BS creeping into hiend audio because of the money to be made (eg $250 for a 20c fuse) and then being told it's directional and also needs to break-in for 200hrs.!!!
It just drags audio down, just show some of this "snake oil" stuff to any electronic genius who has nothing to do with audio, and he will laugh in your face. 
Why is it that electronics designers like George and others who post are so far behind the rest of the audio world? Are they afraid their designs might not be perfect? Are they afraid they might have been wrong all this time? They don’t like eating crow? What we have here , gentle readers, is a remarkable stubbornness and contemptuousness on the part of some electronics manufacturers to acknowledge the superiority of aftermarket fuses, even in the face of overwhelming evidence.  But also, belittling fuse manufacturers and customers. What evidence? You know, like 80,000 fancy fuses sold. Hel-loo! Wake up and smell the coffee, guys! ☕️
george, you would have had more credibility arguing against people trying to make a buck, pushers, etc., if you stopped pushing your passive preamps every time the topic of preamps comes up.
Going way off topic here, sorry.
George, I have used several upgraded fuses ovr the last decade. I find them beneficial and each different in the sonic interpretations

RE: Passive Pres: Are they TRUE passive if they have a input buffer?
A good tube preamp with tubes to taste and coupled with a great SS power amplifier is IMHO the best thing since sliced bread. It is like having your cake and eating it. Great SS amplifiers come in various topologies - overall design being most important - but I seem to like MOSFET output stages most and Class A.

As far as fuses go....well I stay clear of such garbage boat anchor components - anything that changes audibly due to a change of a fuse is obviously a hopeless design to begin with. Good luck to those who own such ridiculously finicky pieces of equipment.