The FULL REVIEW: Inakustik’s AC-3500p power station and LS-4004 Speaker Cables

The Inakustik AC-3500P power station and LS-4004 Air speaker cables could be the Valedictorians of Power conditioners and Loudspeaker Cables!  Howard Milstein disseminates them and takes a serious look as to why!

Being a reviewer and commentator within this illustrious, though maybe sometimes, laborious hobby, I’m fortunate enough to be able to listen to some of the most demanding and exquisite audio components produced by some of the finest designers in the “high-end” community. Unfortunately, sometimes this can take its toll on the amount of time I spend listening to music.!

On the other hand, when new products are presented for me to evaluate and listen to, one usually finds that the time and effort spent was well worth the awards and satisfaction we may have gained in the process.

A few months ago, The Inakustik AC-3500P power station and LS-4004 Air Reference speaker cables were given a short preview in the Sound Advocate after having been immensely impressed from their initial auditioning within only a few weeks of introducing them into my system for testing.

As promised then, here is a full review of these 2 consummate audiophile products. I will outline some of their technical aspects while interpolating the various audible listening impressions I have perceived in the few months I’ve had the AC-3500P power station and LS-4004 Air loudspeaker cables installed in my system. If you would like to read more specifics about Inakustik’s background and products, please see the above link of my preview or at the Inakustik website.

Read Here:

https://www.thesoundadvocate.com/2020/02/report-inakustik-ac-3500p-power-station-and-ls-4004-air-speaker-cables/

128x128imaging1

Showing 4 responses by tablejockey

"Actually sells for $3500."

$500 more embarrassment.  That Ayre is dissapointing as well. 
If you it works, power to all the owners.
If that $3K box improves anyones system, great. 

That sure is a lot of case for $3k.
Embarresing. I would never show anyone that picture.
milpai-
It's performance audio, I "get" that something will be priced for "whatever the market will bear" 
In the end, it's what the buyer perceives as value.

If the inakustic works, great.

It's like anything else audio, so I really like to poke fun at these prices. I would be embarrassed  showing my friends my new box full of....... not much stuff!

The unit is designed to work, but packaged in a box proportioned to give the illusion of "more" and justifying price?

I would buy something like that on the used market, for half at best. Just don't see the value.

I have my share of things that fall into the "you paid HOW much for that?"
milpai-

High end audio is a combination of some really great, engineered products and marketing. If that same circuit was in a smaller, simple stamped metalbox, I imagine not many will be selling for $3500.00

That said, I too have ridiculously  priced cable, use AC regen unit(PS Audio Power Plant)another contentious subject. 

I do believe however, SOME companies are clearly cashing in on our naivety, with housing small circuits in big, fancy cases. Talk to someone who has been invlolved in the audio biz awhile, or someone technical. 

It's no different with products in other markets, outside of audio.

Again, if you like it and feel you got your money's worth-that's all that matters. Great!