The Electric Recording Co. ... thoughts on a 300 quid LP

I'm not averse to spending good money on rare and collectible vinyl, but 300 quid (or more) on a newly minted reissue? That's a whole lot of cash for 1 disc.
Conventional wisdom would suggest it is not worth it, but after repeated listening of their two new jazz reissues (Tommy Flanagan Trio and Hank Mobley) I would dare to say they are indeed worthwhile. There is meticulous  attention to detail and it is clearly a labor-of-love. I have not heard originals of these LPs, but these reissues do sound marvelous.
The only grumble I have is that some form of box/slipcase would be nice. A thick-card slipcase would make these stand-out on a shelf and keep them pristine. I would be interested to hear other thoughts on these reissues.
128x128chronoglidesky

Showing 1 response by whart

Aren’t the original pressings of the Martzy EMI records much more expensive? I don’t buy any top of the food chain records as an investment. If you watch the market for "rare" records over time, you will see that some stuff commands a big price, then drops. (Not always, but I’m not looking for "blue chip" records, I’m after stuff I ’m interested in musically). Buy it if you want it to listen to it, not because it is an investment.