The cost of LP's and CD's - an observation

Back just before CD's, Albums were usually around $6-8.00, cutout less, double albums a bit more. When CD's first came out they were 'premium' items and cost $10-15.00, slowly the prices for CD's came down and records slowly all went down to a buck or two then disappeared. Now it's reversed, CD's are a few bucks, new Albums are usually around $15 to 25.00. (I didn't figure out the inflation rate, someone else can add that in) . And those cutouts can now be worth a small fortune. I just thought this reversal was interesting. Of course with Streaming, music of any quality is very cheap.

128x128deadhead1000

Showing 1 response by gator899

I, and I'm sure like many on this forum, find my music listening is based on my mood. Especially after a work day. Jazz, classic rock, classical, bluegrass, maybe some 80's punk ,etc. But I also find the medium to deliver the music is also based on my mood. Not entirely sure what drives the feeling for vinyl or CD's or streaming because its not based on the genre. I'm not gonna over analyze but it just works.

Also, like wine pairing does anyone pair booze or cocktails with the music they're listening to? Man I started listening to some Ferit Odman based on glupson's comment and sure enough...Whiskey Sour. Perfect with Dameronia With Strings. Classic with a little zip.

And I gotta agree CD's are to be had at the moment. I was lucky enough to stumble into a shop a few months ago and it was all CD's at the front of the house. 5 CD's for 10 bucks. 3 good recordings and 2 so-so but for $2 each how can I complain. And finding a shop like this is like finding a good fishing hole...now back to a whiskey sour and the rest of Ferit.