The CJ Premiere 12 was the best vintage tube amplifier ever.

Just needed to be said.
erik_squires
Eric, I do (usually) appreciate your thought provoking threads. You ended this title with a simple period, perhaps purposely and smartly so. Ending it in a couple of exclamation marks would have made it simply provoking! Seriously, the CJ would arguably be your opinion, and no one on this site like's to argue. It is probably in the top ten. 
I'm comfortable in saying that the lack of argument has proven this point absolutely true.  May the fans of 1980s and 1990s ARC amps see the error of their ways.
I had the Premier 8A, and can concur with Erik on this. The 12’s were essentially a lower power (half the output tubes) 8A. I would think the 12’s would be at least as good or better given the speaker isn’t too power hungry. When I see this teflon upgrade, I can’t help but think don’t mess with that amp. That said, I’ve yet to hear one so there’s that. I should ad the Premiers don’t have a tight, detailed. articulate bass, but what they do well is pretty darned special.
100 %...just agree that these are really good amps. I didn't make that very clear (-: