The Big Misconception About Electricity

This vid goes quite a ways down the road to explaining why:

1)  Power cords make a not so subtle difference.

2) Cable elevators should not be looked at askance.

Regards, barts

128x128barts

@djones51 

You watched that YouTube video and came away with the notion power cords  and cable elevators make audible differences in stereo systems? Seriously?

No.   My ears tell me or maybe its my ear/brain interface, in any case "I don't care" as I listen to music not equipment.

Truth passes through three stages:

1) Ridicule

2) Violent opposition

3) Acceptance as self-evident

Schopenhauer

Regards, barts

Think of it as a form of prismatic separation (of the known components of the signal/intelligence) or similar, at the surface of the wire.

Therefore... the physical shape of the wire and it’s overall cross sectional aspects play into it heavily.

Think of this as tied to the delta or rate of change. Where the delta is the highest in the signal, this also is the greatest effect upon the ’intelligence’ of the signal.

The ear hears principally (almost entirely) via the transients, which are the high delta components. the human er and the brain tied to has an almost crazy level of quality of sensitivity to complex harmonic function in transients and micro transients, as a package. Which varies across individuals, as does intelligence and whatnot. We are not al the same so these sensitivities cannot be given a singular number. It is also a variable that can learn and it can move around. A self adjusted world class FFT sytem, for the best of listeners. But wait, it gets even more complex. Which is all part of the question that deniers of cable need to get straight.

Thus the small area of the signal that is adversely modulated and altered via the interactive point of the fields and the wire, just happens to be the place where 100% of your hearing resides.

FYI, the liquid metal alloy of the Teo Audio cables, has no surface, not in the way that the ’lattice structure’ of the atomic bonding of a piece of ’wire’ has. The two are radically different in behavior and in the physics of it all, specifically in the way they each deal with the delta of the signal (and the rest of it)...

@oldhvymec 

Back in the day when I was in the Marine Corps myself and another Sgt. rented  a mobile home.  Plenty of  parties and the unique bit was the bare wires that hung from the soffit over the sink where obviously a light should be.

Well, boys will be boys, and when the parties really got going we would have a contest to see who could hold those bare wires the longest. Amazing there were no deaths just a few fainting episodes.  Sorry no vids, there was no such thing as consumer video at the time.

Regards, barts

@charles1dad 

However given human nature there are those who will tell you with conviction that your ears are ’wrong'.

Should we tell them we also don’t all see colors exactly the same? 

However given human nature there are those who will tell you with conviction that they are immune to biases that affect all humans, they are special golden ear humans.