The best USED transport today - for under 500.00

Looking for a USED transport for under $500.00 - any recommendations ?
Thanks
128x128saffy

Showing 1 response by bwhite

EAD-T7000 - If you don't take my word for it, take it from the posters above. The T7000 is far superior to transports costing thousands more. No joke. That damn thing embarrassed quite a few of my high end transports and one box units. Through a Krell DAC in the HTS home theater processor (its the only DAC I had available to make the comparison), the EAD was on par (different - not better or worse) or better than the following one box players played direct/through a preamp: Audiomeca Mephisto II, Audio Aero Capitole, Marantz SA-1, Accuphase 75V, Sony XA777ES, Krell 300CD, Krell 250CD, Sony DVP9000ES, Meridian 508.24, and Electrocompaniet EMC-1 MkII.

The soundstage on the EAD is huge.. The sound is warm, relaxing and inviting... detailed, and dynamic - air transparency... all that! This thing is quite amazing. I wonder what it would sound like with a good DAC? Audionote 4.1x? :)

Unfortunately the T7000 has problems with the tray closing prematurely. If you can find a Theta Data original (not the BASIC) I think it has the same guts as the T7000, doesn't have the tray problem and is still supported by Theta.

Ultimately I sold the EAD because of the tray problems and its quite ugly. I settled for an Audiomeca Mephisto II which was one of the few players in the same league as the EAD.