The best State or region for Audiophile

I will say "Washington State", especially Northwest of Washington State.

1. The home electricity cost is low so you can play A class power amplifier with less cost.

https://www.electricchoice.com/blog/state-profiles-highestlowest-electric-rates/

2, It is not very hot during summer on West side of Washington State.

Even with occasional hot temperature during daytime, it cool down to around 50 degree during evening.

Thus you can play music without noise of air conditioner.

3. There are some high end shop around Seattle area.

With this respect, I prefer New York or Los Angeles area to Seattle.

It is not that bad around Seattle.

4. The cost to maintain spacious listening room is relatively low.

Since it is not that cold during winter or not too hot during summer on West side of Washington State, it cost less to keep spacious listening room at comfortable temperature.

Property tax is also reasonable unless you live close to downtown of Seattle.

5. No state Tax

It is good for retired people.

On the other hand, gas price is pretty high in Washington State.

Thus you tend to spend more time at home rather than driving outside.

Haha!

I welcome your input on this topic,   ladies  and gentlemen.

128x128shkong78
In DC we have drive by shootings.
with excellent transient and overall dynamic range response, no doubt.

The closer they are to you... the more realistic they sound....
My community of 25 houses take more than 2 acres lot each.

Thus I can play music loud even during midnight as long as I close the windows.

I am happy about it.

Unless I develop serious health issues, I will stay put at my current house in Northwest of Washington State.

In addition, my house has a nice 180 degree view to Olympic mountains, Skagit Bay and Sound.

Many people complain that the housing price around Seattle had gone up too steep.

But if you go to suburb, then you can find nice houses under 1 M or even around half million.

Thomas
Maine...coast from Portland to Portsmouth...relatively inexpensive, great beaches (get a wetsuit), a foodie revolution, speed limit raised recently, buy stuff in NH with no tax, less people, great music scene, great arts scene, brew pubs galore, snowboard or ski. The west coast...nice to look at but...meh...
My 86 years old neighbor had moved from Maine to Washington State 15 years ago.

When I asked him about Maine, he talked about lot of good things but in the end he is happy here since he does not need to mow lot of snow in front of house during winter time.