The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Doc77, or can I just call you Ryan? What do you do for a living? I have been in the HVAC industry for 26 years in the Reno NV area. Care to share? With all the cheer leading you have done for Vapor I think the right thing to do here is to give us some more detailed background. You have zero feedback and you are not a registered user here which is very odd. Especially for someone who has been in the hobby for 20 years and has posted for years! You can only post to threads?
I have no doubt that the Cirrus is a fine speaker. But shill or not, if that's the very best you have ever heard (remember the thread title), you need to get out more often.

Shakey
Had auditioned a few and was ready to buy a Wilson watt puppy 7 then a sophia 3 and wound up buying a Wilson audio Sasha. Listened to it for hours at dealer. Can't wait to set it up,
Congrats Jmaffia,

My favourite of this long line of Wilson speakers. What are you using to drive them? They are one of the tougher Wilsons to drive, and specifically (i recall) have a very low impedance around 80hz which can cause some amps to have a bit trouble full controlling the speaker. They are a great sounding speaker...enjoy!
Fredless, how do the the ARS Acoustica Celera compare to the
ARS Acoustica Gravitas Max? Arthur at http://www.high-endaudio.com/ thought only the Coincident Pure Reference Extreme Speakers were better then the ARS Gravitas Max.

I heard the ARS Gravitas Max at the Stereophile show in 1996 in NY. They were being played on Lamm Amps.
The speakers were fast with a nice midrange and the bass was fast and tight. The speakers were really good.
They were designed by Irv Eisenberg
Here's a pic of the ARS Gravitas Max
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/speakers/messages/31/319947.html