The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Well, there's always the JM Utopia Be. Perfect speaker, but who wants perfection? Perfection is cold. The best purveyor of music is the Sonus Faber Amati Homage. Oh. My. Gosh. Give me this. Anyone have a pair they want to give me for $5,000? :)
Two years ago I saw a pair of Soundlab A1's here at A'gon for a great price and bank wired the money. I hitched a ride with a friend going from Cincy to Ocala. I vacationed with my sister for 3 weeks in Jacksonville, rented a U-Haul truck to get the A1's home unblemished, and have been in bliss ever since. I hope the A1's will keep me happy for the rest of my days. Darn this addiction...I may have to consider some factory upgrades someday to satisfy my unceasing craving for perfection.
In 1977 I met Mark Levinson and he invited me up to his loft to listen to what appeared to be his reference system.

It was:
2 24 inch Hartley woofers "H"
2 pairs of stack Quads "Q"
2 Decca Ribbons on top of the Quads "D"

Big soundstage and sublime sounding.

I think he also had a pair of modified K-horns for comparison.
Yes Tbohner...a great speaker. Too bad no manufacturer ever decided to duplicate or continue this speaker. Not too expensive except for th Hartley woofers.
Professor Aubrey Castell, University of Michigan, mid 1970s. Fascinating guy.