The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker

Showing 2 responses by 4musica44107

The larger Latour Field Coil Speakers from Shindo Labs, driven by Shindo electronics, were the most musical speakers I have ever heard. If not for the WAF consideration, I would already own them! (That reminds me to check my lottery ticket for tonight!)
I have listened extensively to the new Auditorium-23 Cinema Hommage speakers. They are absolutely stunning in every way. Musical presence, soundstaging, instrument textures, timbral accuracy, transparency, dynamics, resolution, weight - everything I could ever hope for in music reproduction, rendered in a way and to a degree that I have never before experienced. It might take weeks or even months, but I am going to find a way to own a pair!