The best speaker on the used market for $1000.00

I am in the market to upgrade my Sequerra NFM Pro monitors and have a 1000 or so to spend. I am looking for something with a grill as we now baby sit my daughters cat and the Sequerra's have no protection I am using a box to cover them when not listening but this is getting old so I am looking for suggestions (other than booting the cat out not an option) to upgrade or is there nothing in the 1000 range that will be an upgrade? I am looking for natural sound and listen to CD SACD's , on an NAD C350 and Sony 555es numerous cables collected over the years and to mostly female vocals, jazz, piano, and chamber music. I listen at low volume since most of my listening is at night after the children are turned in but the family listens from time to time during the day to all kinds of music usually at moderate levels just as background music. I am looking at Revel M20/22 Spendor, Proac, Sonus, and Dynaudio ? I am after natural vocals, the piano to sound like a piano, cymbals to sound real and string instruments to have that grip and raw open musical sound? I am not looking to reproduce a full orchestra in my living room which is 25X16 with a cathedral ceiling open on the 25' end. The Sequerra's are very point source and do a good job, they also have an adjustment for the tweeter for those poorly recorded but classic discs, am I nuts to put the Sequerra's in the closet for now? Thank you for your thoughts.
johnbonn
Almost impossible to answer. One person will like a particular quality of a speaker while another will be bothered by it or it won't be a factor at all. Speakers are one of those rare instances in which you can listen to a string of ten pairs and find reason(s) to not buy each on some grounds. I have also personally heard more than one pair retailing at 8-10k that did not play music NEARLY as well as PSB alphas or JM lab Chorus 705 (their smallest model), etc.
Questions like this are just about imposible to answer with any real assurance that we, are giving you the right answer. I would have to say there are just to many at this price point new&used so you will just have to experiment by buying used and if it's not to your liking then move on until you find your idea of nirvana.
I just bought a pair of Dali Ikon 6's that I suspect might be satisfactory. Used, they should come in under your budget. They are very neutral and natural sounding, with superb soundstaging, and are stunning on vocals. There are lots of other choices, but you should listen to the Dalis if you can.

Another speaker that impressed me while I was auditioning was the Revel F12. I thought that the Dalis were a little more natural and provided a better soundstage - and the Revel's were a little bit too imposing for my small room (the Dalis are smaller).
I agree with Schipo. Experimentation is the only way to know which is best for your situation. Having said that, I have purchased and sold numerous speakers during my search. My favorite to this date is the Revel M20. At the used prices for them now they are definitely worth a listen. Have had mine for nearly 6 months and they are fantastic.
If a pair of the M22s come available fairly close it will be tempting. Good luck.