The best speaker on the used market for $1000.00

I am in the market to upgrade my Sequerra NFM Pro monitors and have a 1000 or so to spend. I am looking for something with a grill as we now baby sit my daughters cat and the Sequerra's have no protection I am using a box to cover them when not listening but this is getting old so I am looking for suggestions (other than booting the cat out not an option) to upgrade or is there nothing in the 1000 range that will be an upgrade? I am looking for natural sound and listen to CD SACD's , on an NAD C350 and Sony 555es numerous cables collected over the years and to mostly female vocals, jazz, piano, and chamber music. I listen at low volume since most of my listening is at night after the children are turned in but the family listens from time to time during the day to all kinds of music usually at moderate levels just as background music. I am looking at Revel M20/22 Spendor, Proac, Sonus, and Dynaudio ? I am after natural vocals, the piano to sound like a piano, cymbals to sound real and string instruments to have that grip and raw open musical sound? I am not looking to reproduce a full orchestra in my living room which is 25X16 with a cathedral ceiling open on the 25' end. The Sequerra's are very point source and do a good job, they also have an adjustment for the tweeter for those poorly recorded but classic discs, am I nuts to put the Sequerra's in the closet for now? Thank you for your thoughts.
johnbonn

Showing 1 response by cdc