The best of Goodwill...

What the best audio related item that you have purchased at Goodwill or another similar store?

Today I was at two Goodwills and managed to find a few CDs for $3 each.

One turned out to be excellent. It's a violin concerto by Sony Classics and recorded at Air Studio's. I really enjoyed listening to it this afternoon.

Another was new and was still in the original plastic.

I know this is small beans compared to what some of you have managed to find.
mceljo
Correct me If I am wrong, but it is not the custom for the Thrift stores, to erm, make a small profit so they can donate money to needy and well deserved causes, such as maybe retired ex-military personnel and the needy?
I dislike selfish people who would probably haggle with the staff when visiting these sort of stores.Shame there is always someone out to make a quick buck out of what should be a good cause.That gripe aside, I am a big spender in charity shops, this year alone (since April), I have bought more than enough cd;s to fill two 500 cd cases, not including approximately 45 operas, various books etc.
I would be embarrased to hand over only 10c for an item that cost many times that amount.
Sure is a dog eat dog world.
My wife and I have a box that when filled goes to Goodwill. There are many nice things in that box, and it goes frequently. I'm not one to pass up a bargain when one presents itself.
'Also the Hispanic immigrant population is increasingly turning to the secondhand stores for nearly anything they need.'

Wow Elizabeth! Between the Mexicans and the Turks, it's really tough times for all of us honest, hardworkin folk!!!
Something interesting going on there....

I found at the salvation army I used to go to,
The folks working there ( mostly new immigrants, who I refer to as 'new north Americans) seem to lack the reference needed to fairly price items
The day I saw a half empty jar of hand cream listed for $6, I knew the jig was up! Haven't been back since.
There is a Mennonite thrift store near my neighborhood that is a vinyl goldmine!! I've found dozens of fantastic classical albums at 50 cents a pop!
Still awaiting that 'holy grail' McIntosh 275!!!
I love hearing about these amazing finds!
Cheers
I probably shouldn't suggest this but, what the hell, the world's going to end anyway.

Run an ad in your local newspaper saying that you buy used stereo equipment. The response may not be overwhelming but you will have some very exciting opportunities. There are a hell of a lot of people who never heard of Audiogon and figure nobody would want their old junk.

If that old junk was made by Marantz or McIntosh, you might be interested enough to give her $12.