The best music in 2019

Tedeschi/Trucks Band "Signs"  WOW
slaw
Post removed 
Linda Ronstadt - Live in Hollywood

A great show from Linda and band at their peak, unleashed. Familiar songs without the restraint typical of her studio albums.

Rosie Flores - Simple Case of the Blues

A blues album from Rockabilly Queen Rosie Flores and it works for fans of either genre.

Karla Bonoff - Carry Me Home

Some old and some new songs done beautifully.
@tomcy6, Rosie Flores is wonderful! I have all her stuff, and have seen her live many times, the last time up at Pappy & Harriet's, the roadhouse bar in Pioneertown (not far from Joshua Tree, where Gram Parsons met his maker). She was in the audience at a Jim Lauderdale show there, and he invited her up on stage to do a couple of numbers, her and her aqua-colored Telecaster. What a gal!
bdp24, Yeah, Rosie is really cool. I wish I’d seen her many times, especially out by Joshua Tree. Unless you really dislike blues, you'll like her new one.
slaw

Good to see this thread my friend.  Happy Listening!
Post removed 
Well ya know Tom, Rockabilly is basically the mix of Jump Blues and Hillbilly. Rosie is awfully good at Rockabilly (and Hillbilly), and without a grounding in Blues that would not be possible. Another singer in Rosie's league is Lou Ann Barton, from Austin Texas. She was in an early version of Double Trouble with Stevie Ray (when he was merely a member), and now tours with his brother Jimmie. Her Old Enough album (produced by the great Jerry Wexler and the not-so-great Glen Frey ;-) is fantastic!
Jenny Lewis "On The Line"

I just knew this one was going to be good. To top it off, the more I listen, the more I like. That's a good thing. She has people like Jim Keltner and Ringo Starr in the studio for this one.
slaw you're right on the money, but you always got good taste....tedeschi trucks, Signs.....WOW!
Patty Griffin "S/T". A monster of a record. Patty seems to be a force of nature with talent oozing out of her pores. Most of her lps I own have come close to presenting her amazing voice as harsh. Not here, this is a wonderful recording.
I have two here, both RSD releases and both at 45rpm...

Courtney Barnett, a two song 12" EP from the "Tell Me How You Really Feel" sessions
Tedeschi/Trucks Band "High & Mighty"

CSN&Y "4-Way Street" The RSD expanded, 3 lp, is fantastic!

JJ Cale "Live"   first time on vinyl, great!
Steven Wilson "Home Invasion Live @ The Royal Albert Hall"

Hearing him live is a different experience from the studio lps, as it should be.
Traffic "The Studio Albums .1967 - 1974"  SQ = Fantastic!
The new 21 Pilots new album is very good!!!!!
toddnkaya
+1.I've been telling my audio buddies this about 21 Pilots last 2 albums. They listen for a bit and turn it off. It is a slight bit difficult for codgers like my friends (and me when I first heard them) to appreciate after 1 or 2 quick listens, but given time--it is great stuff. 21 Pilots albums have been in my cd player and turntable over the last 3 years more than any other artist --well--maybe a tie with Dylan. 
Steve Gunn- The Unseen in Between
Dream Syndicate- These Times
Gp Gr ,
go see 21 Pilots, the show you will see will blow your mind. Saw them in Pittsburgh last week.
took my 12 year old . It was a religious experience for her!! Lol....
Sure there are 7 years old in the crowd .
there fans are soooo amazing though!!!!
its a sight and sound orgy. 
Go see them !!!
I’ve been to hundreds of shows . This ranks very high, as far as fan involvement, lights, spectacle ,
just wow !!!
here is the newspaper review in case you think I’m crazy .
about 23 songs at 2:15 minutes .

https://archive.triblive.com/aande/music/review-twenty-one-pilots-brings-spectacle-to-pittsburgh/

Jim Lauderdale "From Another World"  ….another great one...
Mercury Rev  "Bobby Gentry The Delta Sweete Revisited"
Caroline Spence "Mint Condition"  Highly Recommended!
Dave Rawlings Machine "Nashville Obsolete"
Travis "The Man Who"  20th Anniversary on (vinyl)
I have been enjoying Steven Wilson's Home Invasion and Chris Forsyth's All Times Present this week. Slaw hit the nail on the head with his description of Steven Wilson in a live environment. The recording quality is excellent as usual for a Wilson production. The Chris Forsyth album is terrific. Forsyth is a Philadelphia based guitar player who reminds me of Tom Verlaine from Television. I have several of his albums and they are all terrific. His songs tend to be instrumentals, although he will add vocals from time to time. If you like Jeff Beck type jams, you will enjoy Chris Forsyth. That being said, he is truly original and a great recent discovery for me.